Windows 10: Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I have the following problem: I have installed Windows Server 2016 and created a domain AD. I have several computers Windows 10 Pro with 1 local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MárioCoelho, May 25, 2020.

1. Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies

Hi!

I have the following problem: I have installed Windows Server 2016 and created a domain AD. I have several computers Windows 10 Pro with 1 local account and 1 generic user created for the domain. I configured the GPO and set Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings as active, then I tried to access the control panel from my generic account and no error message appears "e.g.:contact the administrator ...". If I try to click on "personalization" or "display settings", I have the following message: "ms-settings: display. This file doesn't have a programm associeted with it..." or "ms-settings: personalization-background, no programm". I believe it should also be displyed: "contact the administrator of your network" or something. I really appreciate your help.

:)

MárioCoelho, May 25, 2020
  2. v12dock Win User

Windows Domain Group Policy

So I have been setting this domain up for a school for a couple of weeks now and I having problems with group policy. One I am having problems with with folder misdirect. Two I am having problems with updating windows settings. At this point if you can help me I am willing to reward you *Big Grin Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies :D

Oh yeah the OS is Windows Server 2008 R2

v12dock, May 25, 2020
  3. Question for some1 with windows domain knowledge

I know there isnt a whole lot of server admins here, but I thought I would ask.

At my work we had our office domain server go down due to windows corruption. Since they have still been able to login to their accounts using the server that went down. So they picked the ADMIN domain in the their drop down list.

Now that i'm rebuilding the ADMIN server I want to make sure they can use the same accounts and still have all of their my documents data and such. I want to know where is their ADMIN user data and authentication being kept. Would it be the other domain on the network? or on their local machines?

Note* there is no trust setup from what i can tell between the two servers. And their accounts dont exist in active directory on the other server.

Any help is appreciated

Hybrid_theory, May 25, 2020
  4. YIN
    Yin Win User

Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies

How do I track user account activity on a Domain(Windows Server 2008)

Hi Guys,

I'm a trying to track user activity (log on and off details etc) on a windows server 2008 domain controller could someone point me in the right direction?

I have tried googling on how to do this but I'm confuse as not everything matches up to what they are saying.

Thanks!

Sorry I should say view not track as the system is already tracking it.

Each time I try to run a filter by the user account name I end up with 0 results.

Thema:

Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies

1. Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies - Similar Threads - Server 2016 Active

2. Window server 2016 activation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window server 2016 activation error: My window server 2016 License is expired. I have genuine key to activate my window server, but I am unable to activate my window. shows error" this edition cannot be upgraded". Please give me solution ASAP....
  3. Window server 2016 activation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window server 2016 activation error: My window server 2016 License is expired. I have genuine key to activate my window server, but I am unable to activate my window. shows error" this edition cannot be upgraded". Please give me solution ASAP....
  4. WINDOWS SERVER 2016 ACTIVATION PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS SERVER 2016 ACTIVATION PROBLEM: I try to re-install server os and after that os cant activate using my product key.the error massage is 'product key was already used' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016-activation-problem/d649fe3c-8918-4e2d-96b7-2245023149f7
  5. WINDOWS SERVER 2016 ACTIVATION PROBLEM

WINDOWS SERVER 2016 ACTIVATION PROBLEM: I try to re-install server os and after that os cant activate using my product key.the error massage is 'product key was already used' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016-activation-problem/d649fe3c-8918-4e2d-96b7-2245023149f7
  6. Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU: So we have a domain and have various group policies some apply to computer settings, some apply to user settingsIf we link a computer group policy directly to the root of the domain, policy works fine and everything is great.If we take the same policy, remove it from the...
  7. Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU

Windows 2016 Domain - Group Policies not applying to OU: So we have a domain and have various group policies some apply to computer settings, some apply to user settingsIf we link a computer group policy directly to the root of the domain, policy works fine and everything is great.If we take the same policy, remove it from the...
  8. Windows 10 enterprise/server 2016 activation message

Windows 10 enterprise/server 2016 activation message: I've got 2 users that have all of a sudden started to display a "Your windows license will expire soon" message. I have tried the following:- reactivating windows with 2 different Enterprise licenses using CMD and via the settings menu- re-imaging the laptops- swapped out one...
  9. Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016: Dear Windows community Team, I am having trouble with windows 10 pro 64bits and windows server 2016. I am having this issue where all machines running windows 10 and the servers running windows server 2016 are refusing to join the domain and the error which comes while...
  10. Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller: How to: Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller [img] Information There are several reasons to create and use a local domain even in relatively small home networks. To list a few: Centralized user management Users sign in to domain instead of signing in to...