Windows 10: Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I have created a AD user and that AD user should be allow to access on specify computer or machine. I know I can create an OU and put the client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rose Mary Clinton, May 29, 2022.

1. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

Hi,I have created a AD user and that AD user should be allow to access on specify computer or machine. I know I can create an OU and put the client Computer there and create a GPO.But I have 100 Users and 100 Client Computers and I cannot create for each user or each client Computers an OU. Is there other way?

:)

Rose Mary Clinton, May 29, 2022
  2. DC Joe Win User

MoveSecurityAttributes for Server 2016 with Windows 10 users

I've seen some discussion regarding the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" MoveSecurityAttributes.

My site ran into this issue recently after a comprehensive review of the File server and how it was being used. It appears that once a user moved a file or folder within the same volume then the MoveSecurityAttributes setting was necessary to affect the
    behavior. This situation is discussed here:

Permissions when you copy and move files - Windows Client

though this article appears out of date, as at the time I am writing this.

Anyway, if you want your users to drag and drop or otherwise move files within a volume and have the files take on the security profile of the destination folder then this key is necessary. Our site runs Windows Server 2016 with users working on Windows
    10 workstations. I added the registry key onto the file server (it is not there by default), and tried things out. At first, it did not work. So the article quoted above has some flaws. The way to get this working relies on additional pieces of information.
    If you want the object to inherit the permissions from the parent folder:

1. Perform these steps from the Windows 2016 File Server. Do not do this on the user workstation.
    2. Add the key "MoveSecurityAttributes" to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" This sub-key is a DWORD type.
    3. The value should be "0" if you want the moved object to inherit the permissions from the parent destination folder.
    4. Reboot your file server.
    5. Test.

This information is as-is (in other words, this worked for us) so if someone uses it and verifies then that would be great.

DC Joe, May 29, 2022
  3. Setting up a Logon Script through Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2016 r2

Hi All,

I have Server 2012 r2 and some 100 users are connected to my domain, I need to push a login script through Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2016 r2 to all the user's machine (Windows7 & Windows 10). Please suggest me steps to do this.

praveenr_915, May 29, 2022
  4. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

Group Email In Outlook 2016? Need Help!

The screen shot looks like that's where she would CREATE a new group. What is on the "Send/Receive" tab?

Check this site out...

How to Create Custom Groups in Outlook 2016

After step 7, it tells you how to send to a group.

nolafotoknut, May 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

1. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue - Similar Threads - Server 2016 User

2. Windows Server 2019 users/groups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 users/groups: hi,i have local user on server. app_userI'd like to run app using this user but windows ask me about administrator permission. I'd like allow local user to run this app but I don't want to give him administrator permission. How can i manage this?thanks in advance for help....
  3. Windows Server 2019 users/groups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 users/groups: hi,i have local user on server. app_userI'd like to run app using this user but windows ask me about administrator permission. I'd like allow local user to run this app but I don't want to give him administrator permission. How can i manage this?thanks in advance for help....
  4. AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS: Hi, we have Asp.Net with MVC, C#, SQL database web app, which was hosted in IIS windows server 2016. It was working fine with forms authentication initially. Recently, we have implemented AD integration, but when the user login into app with AD credentails, Application End...
  5. AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS

AD integration is not working in windows server 2016 IIS: Hi, we have Asp.Net with MVC, C#, SQL database web app, which was hosted in IIS windows server 2016. It was working fine with forms authentication initially. Recently, we have implemented AD integration, but when the user login into app with AD credentails, Application End...
  6. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue: Hi,I have created a AD user and that AD user should be allow to access on specify computer or machine. I know I can create an OU and put the client Computer there and create a GPO.But I have 100 Users and 100 Client Computers and I cannot create for each user or each client...
  7. Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue

Windows Server 2016 AD User and Group issue: Hi,I have created a AD user and that AD user should be allow to access on specify computer or machine. I know I can create an OU and put the client Computer there and create a GPO.But I have 100 Users and 100 Client Computers and I cannot create for each user or each client...
  8. SQL Server 2016 Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  9. SQL Server 2016 Issue

SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  10. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group: Hi, Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell. Platform: Windows 10 Machine is in Domain. While trying to add, we needed to change Scope to Local Machine for Authenticated Users...