Windows 10: Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

Discus and support Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Podar Nelutu, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter, who does do nothing. Please Help.I tried every posible way that I find .

:)

Podar Nelutu, Jul 14, 2022
  2. babuja Win User

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

This is how I've created iso image of c: windows and program partition with veeam.

babuja, Jul 14, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 14, 2022
  4. BaraccaX Win User

Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

Bare metal backup size

Hi there. Am i allowed to talk about windows server 2016 on windows 10 forums? *Redface

I was wondering why if my server is only using 175GB on its primary C drive, why is my bare metal backup is over 700GB?

Also there's not one just one, but two .vhdx in the windowsimagefile. Is this normal?

Thank you for the time.

BaraccaX, Jul 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

1. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal - Similar Threads - server 2016 backup

2. Bare metal recovery Windows Server 2012 R2: The processor architecture or OS version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bare metal recovery Windows Server 2012 R2: The processor architecture or OS version of...: Dear all,having trouble since more than a week to get my domain controller back up and running.I was using the built in Windows Server tools and created daily full backups including bare metal recovery.Unfortunately the backups were on an iSCSI disk.Under Windows 10 I could...
  3. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  4. Windows VMs can update, but Bare Metal servers error out with 8024402F. What??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows VMs can update, but Bare Metal servers error out with 8024402F. What??: I've included the windows update log from a machine that errors out and one that succeeds. The logs diverge a few lines in at the point I've posted. Any advice?update successFATAL: SLS:CSLSRequest::RetrieveAdditionalAttributesIfRequired: CoCreateInstance failed with...
  5. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  6. Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.: I am using Acronis True Image with Acronis Universal Restore to do a bare metal restore to my new system with dissimilar hardware. After creating the boot disk and cloning my drive, when I go to the new computer and try to install the software I receive 3 error messages;...
  7. Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: rossmcbain, if you're still here, could you please again cruise by the thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/device-encryption-implications-for-image-backup/a5301dbb-3b88-4356-a1ad-e88fb935947f?tm=1575814261659&page=2&auth=1 I'm...
  8. "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: If Windows 10 encrypts my system volume "by default," what happens when I have to restore a (third-party) backup image in an emergency? What happens if I have to move the entire system to a new SDD (on the same, or a warranty-replacement, machine)? I'm moving to Win10 from...
  9. Restore from Windows Image Backup

Restore from Windows Image Backup: I Created an image backup using Windows 10. I burned the repair CD. I booted from cd. Options are most recent backup [but it only shows D:\, the factory backup partition]. No browse capability. Other option does not let me browse to the folder the system created,...
  10. How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image: Hi guys, My pc crashed. I've repaired win 10 but lost all programs are gone. I have a veeam bare metal image from 2 days ago, stored on a folder in another partition but have no idea how to restore system using this image. Could someone give a hand here?...