Windows 10: Windows Server 2016 Essentials Ghost Account Problem

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 Essentials Ghost Account Problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I created my first standard domain user 'xyz' but I think I may have created the user profile incorrectly. 'xyz' is not listed as a user in Active... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nick-MS, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Nick-MS Win User

Windows Server 2016 Essentials Ghost Account Problem

I created my first standard domain user 'xyz' but I think I may have created the user profile incorrectly. 'xyz' is not listed as a user in Active Directory, but when I try to create user 'xyz' again it says that the user already exists. How can I remove this user so that I can recreate it with the same username?

:)

Nick-MS, Mar 27, 2021

2. Windows Server 2016 Essentials upgrade to Windows Server 2016 Standard

I had an OEM version of Windows Server 2016 Essentials installed.

I wanted to use Remote Desktop for 3 users, which essentials cant do.

I have installed an evaualtion of Windows Server 2016 Standard, and have got 3 users remote connecting to the server to run an accounting application.

Thats fine, i have purchased 3 cals for Windows Remote Desktop Services.

My question.

Can i upgrade from 2016 Essentials (which i bought) to Windows Server 2016 Standard, or do i have to buy a new Server 2016 license?

Cheers,

Robin

RobinAtkinson1, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Windows Server 2016 - Configure Windows Server Essentials Fails

Purchased a new server and Windows Server 2016 Essentials to be an app server running on Hyper-V. Install and joining a domain went
    ok until the Configure Windows Server Essentials wizard ran. Few seconds after starting the wizard I got an error "Configuration encountered some issues" and the full message "Please restart the server, and then run the configuration wizard again. If the issue
    still exists please refer to the help link for more troubleshooting steps."

Did a restart and still the same.

The link is worthless (taking me to a page "Troubleshooting information that is related to a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials installation is currently not available")

On Google found many users with similar problems but none of the sugestions worked for me ( 'Log on as a service' -even added
    the needed accounts and making sure they were configured as indicated; new user with admin rights, local security policy added the needed users, ...)

If there is no resolution for this wizard, can I just remove the role and in registry remove the entry to run this wizard at startup? Or leave the role and ignore the wizard?

Can I move forward with installing the needed apps(SQL, ...) on the server (because manually renaming, joining the domain, fix IP adress went ok) or this wizard is for configuring something else?

KrešimirMišak, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Windows Server 2016 Essentials Ghost Account Problem

Can I delete the contents of softwaredistribution\download on Windows Server essentials 2016

Hello, I am running windows server essentials 2016 and I have several failed updates and the download and update process is taking hours to complete. On windows 10, whenever I have this problem I usually delete the download folder conents and my problem
    goes away. But this is not Windows 10, this is Windows server essentials 2016 and I cant just redo the server if I have problems.

Do you have any advice SPECIFIC to windows server 2016 essentials.

Thanks Paul

PaulTremblay123, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows Server 2016 Essentials Ghost Account Problem

1. Windows Server 2016 Essentials Ghost Account Problem - Similar Threads - Server 2016 Essentials

2. Windows Server 2016 Essentials fail to start Essentials Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Essentials fail to start Essentials Storage: Bonjour, je viens de créer une installation propre de Windows Server 2016 Essentials et je l'ai mis à jour avec la dernière version actuelle Build 14393.5989. Mon serveur héberge une AD-DC, un DNS et un serveur IIS. Peu après que j'aie configuré les partages et rajouté...
  3. Windows Server 2016 Essentials fail to start Essentials Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 Essentials fail to start Essentials Storage: Bonjour, je viens de créer une installation propre de Windows Server 2016 Essentials et je l'ai mis à jour avec la dernière version actuelle Build 14393.5989. Mon serveur héberge une AD-DC, un DNS et un serveur IIS. Peu après que j'aie configuré les partages et rajouté...
  4. Upgrade Windows Server Essentials 2016 to 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows Server Essentials 2016 to 2022: I haven't done this in a while. I have a client who is moving from Windows Server 2016 Essentials to the newest version Windows Server 2022 Essentials. What steps should I follow in performing this migration? Thanks....
  5. Upgrade Windows Server Essentials 2016 to 2022

Upgrade Windows Server Essentials 2016 to 2022: I haven't done this in a while. I have a client who is moving from Windows Server 2016 Essentials to the newest version Windows Server 2022 Essentials. What steps should I follow in performing this migration? Thanks....
  6. Server 2016 Essentials Windows Update Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2016 Essentials Windows Update Problem: Hi.My Server 2016 Essentials computer seems to be stuck with a Windows Update package that is trying to install Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable...
  7. Server 2016 Essentials Windows Update Problem

Server 2016 Essentials Windows Update Problem: Hi.My Server 2016 Essentials computer seems to be stuck with a Windows Update package that is trying to install Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable...
  8. Server 2016 Essentials Anywhere Access SSL Problem

Server 2016 Essentials Anywhere Access SSL Problem: Hi. I am trying to activate Remote Web Access on Server 2016 Essentials. I could not get the default DDNS remotewebaccess.com to work, so I set up a DDNS domain with No-IP and created an SSL certificate. I am able to set up the domain and certificate through the Anywhere...
  9. Server 2016 Essentials Anywhere Access SSL Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2016 Essentials Anywhere Access SSL Problem: Hi. I am trying to activate Remote Web Access on Server 2016 Essentials. I could not get the default DDNS remotewebaccess.com to work, so I set up a DDNS domain with No-IP and created an SSL certificate. I am able to set up the domain and certificate through the Anywhere...
  10. Windows Server Essentials 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server Essentials 2016: I am unable to login under a different username to some of my Pc's. It looks like there is no domain authentication but only the local Cache. This happened after a power failure during an update....