Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft's decision against releasing an expected January test build of its next version of Windows Server hasn't stopped the bits or information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 2, 2015
  2. Nitin K Gupta Win User

Windows 2016 Nano Server

Hi ,

Can we hibernate the windows 2016 Nano server .

What are the steps to proceed with it.

What are the steps to create nano server with bare metal process.

Thanks

NKG

Nitin K Gupta, Mar 2, 2015
  3. wallenstein0961 Win User
    Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your support.

The setup is quite simple:

• The Hyper-V Server is a Root-Server in the Internet (not in a domain). It is only managed by myself (whatever that means :) )
    • The server is a "Hyper-V Server 2016" (see e.g. Microsoft Evaluation Center)
    • My Notebook connect's via Server Manager (This connection uses 8 kBit/se or less on average)
    • When I open Hyper-V (via the Server Manager) it uses 500kBit/s permanently, without even connecting to a VM. Just listing the VMs on the server.

Michael

wallenstein0961, Mar 2, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Nano server... Hummmm !
    Very interesting !

Thanks.

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans - Similar Threads - Server 2016 leaks

Forum Date

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016

Saving Space/Move Caches on Windows Pro & Windows Server 2016: I am attempting to reduce the space and move caches on both a Windows Pro machine and a Windows Server 2016. These are 2 virtual machines running on VMware ESXi. I currently use a backup solution called VerticalBackup which is brilliant and its an incremental backup....
Windows 10 Support May 31, 2018

Do I need to buy Windows Server 2016 or can I used old Windows 8?

Do I need to buy Windows Server 2016 or can I used old Windows 8?: HOW DO YOU MAKE A DECENT SERVER FOR MOVIES AND MUSIC FOR YOUR HOME? You can obviously tell I don't know much about networking, or even computers for that matter. I want to put about three 4 TB hard drives together to create a server just totally dedicated to just storing...
Windows 10 Network and Sharing May 26, 2018

HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote

HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote: funny thing is I can create the VM now on the HYPER-V server but PING still fails !!!! Not really funny. Ping response is disabled by default on firewall of all server SKUs and that is a fairly sensible thing to do if you think about it. You can enable it with netsh...
Windows 10 Virtualization Apr 5, 2018

Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016: Hi there @ I can't answer your specific questions on HYPER-V but I know all about "Breaking Netflix" - even the Dog starts barking madly. !!!! I don't think there's any major problem to having a server on a home LAN (I have 2 Linux servers on a LAN plus a whole slew of...
Windows 10 Virtualization Apr 5, 2018

Server 2016 RX-480, new GPU Recommendation request

Server 2016 RX-480, new GPU Recommendation request: That's what I did. I purchased VMware Workstation and put Server 2016 in a VM..... THANK YOU! Dave
Windows 10 Graphic Cards Apr 5, 2018

Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016

Remote Desktop web client public preview for Windows Server 2016: As announced at Microsoft Ignite, a new web client is being developed to provide access to virtualized apps and desktops from a browser, without the need to install a local client. This provides a consistent experience across devices, minimizes installation or maintenance...
Windows 10 News Mar 28, 2018

Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Essentials - Screenshots leaked

Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Essentials - Screenshots leaked: Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Essentials 14300.1000.rs1_release_svc.160324-1723 [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Image Credits: WZT & це 46342
Windows 10 News Apr 5, 2016
Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans solved