Windows 10: Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's decision against releasing an expected January test build of its next version of Windows Server hasn't stopped the bits or information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans

Read more: Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 1, 2015

2. Windows 2016 Nano Server

Hi ,

Can we hibernate the windows 2016 Nano server .

What are the steps to proceed with it.

What are the steps to create nano server with bare metal process.

Thanks

NKG

Nitin K Gupta, Mar 1, 2015
  3. Why is Hyper-V-Manager consuming so much bandwidth?

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your support.

The setup is quite simple:

• The Hyper-V Server is a Root-Server in the Internet (not in a domain). It is only managed by myself (whatever that means Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans :) )
    • The server is a "Hyper-V Server 2016" (see e.g. Microsoft Evaluation Center)
    • My Notebook connect's via Server Manager (This connection uses 8 kBit/se or less on average)
    • When I open Hyper-V (via the Server Manager) it uses 500kBit/s permanently, without even connecting to a VM. Just listing the VMs on the server.

Michael

wallenstein0961, Mar 1, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Nano server... Hummmm !
    Very interesting !

Thanks.

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows Server 2016 leaks reveal Nano Server, protected VM role plans - Similar Threads - Server 2016 leaks

2. Port Security in Windows Server 2016

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Security in Windows Server 2016: in my domain server 2016 after using net stat we figured out many open udp ports and also port 0 is open my question is we want to gain more secured environment so what are the list of must be open ports in tcp and in udp in order to gain secured an stable working...
  3. Windows Server 2016 and Remote printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Server 2016 and Remote printers: I'm trying to get remote printers to work over shared remote desktop sessions on Windows Server 2016. They were working before, now they are not, and they continue to reset themselves after I set them up. Before the remote laptops connecting were Windows 7 Pro machines, now...
  4. Not able to connect to fax server on Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to connect to fax server on Server 2016: I can run Windows Fax and Scan on the Server and connect to the fax account but when I try from any other computer on the network is says I do not have sufficient permission to connect to the server. What am I missing?...
  5. Windows 10/ Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/ Server 2016: Win10/Server 2012, 2016 are so freaking painful to work with. I am not happy with MS at all! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-server-2016/d311abdc-d1fb-4f39-b9b7-8943624e0dac
  6. ClearOS as headless NAS server on a VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    ClearOS as headless NAS server on a VM: Hi folks. Nothing wrong in virtualising servers these days. anybody tried this one yet on a VM -- looks quite good for things like NAS servers --small and very fast. You just run it from a webui so it works 100% headless - normally that's what you want a NAS server to...
  7. Announcing the launch of Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the launch of Windows Server 2016: I’m incredibly excited that this morning at our Ignite conference in Atlanta we launched the newest release of our server operating system – Windows Server 2016! Now that we’re ready to share it with the world, I want to take a moment to thank our customers who helped shape...
  8. Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016: Exchange Support For Windows Server 2016 Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 is available from the TechNet Evaluation Centre. While that’s great to download the bits and get the OS running in your test lab, please do not update the OS on your Exchange servers right...
  9. SharePoint Server 2016 and Project Server 2016 RC available

in Windows 10 News
    SharePoint Server 2016 and Project Server 2016 RC available: Building on our announcement of SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 in November, we’re pleased to announce the availability of SharePoint Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC). SharePoint Server 2016 RC is mostly feature complete and represents an important milestone for customers and...
  10. Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Essentials - Screenshots leaked

in Windows 10 News
    Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Essentials - Screenshots leaked: Server 2016 Technical Preview 5 Essentials 14300.1000.rs1_release_svc.160324-1723 [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Image Credits: WZT & це 46342