Windows 10: Windows server 2016 recovery option

Discus and support Windows server 2016 recovery option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What effect will "time to display recovery options when needed" have on the OS when it is set to 30 minutes? Could you please explain what it does and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sayed MukhtarAkbari, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows server 2016 recovery option

What effect will "time to display recovery options when needed" have on the OS when it is set to 30 minutes? Could you please explain what it does and how it works?

Thanks

:)

Sayed MukhtarAkbari, Jan 17, 2021

2. No Sleep Option in Windows 2016 Server

HI Team,

I am unable to find the sleep option in Windows 2016 server, this is a VM. Please let me know the steps for the same.

Thanks,

Vedanth

VedanthSiddamari, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Sleep Option Variation on server windows 2016

when i enable hyper -V on windows server 2016 (on
    Hp probook 450 G4) for some testing purpose "sleep"
    option is not listed , but when i installed server 2016 and enabel hyper -V on
    Hp probook 450 G1 "Sleep"
    option is present , why is this so happening and is there any
    updated from microsoft regarding enabling sleep option , on hypervisor services

MuhammadMuneeb1, Jan 17, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Windows server 2016 recovery option

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows server 2016 recovery option

1. Windows server 2016 recovery option - Similar Threads - server 2016 recovery

2. Windows Server 2016 password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 password: I have Windows Server 2016 installed o premises having Hyper V with 4 VMs, lost my administrator password. I cannot afford to shutdown or reset. Is there any way to reset admin password through login screen without restarting. Regards/Zafar...
  3. Windows Server 2016 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 Upgrade: When updating from windows server 2012 R2 to server 2016, I'm not getting the step by step procedures where you can select keep file and apps and other steps. I just get the setup screen, which after couple of minutes it display a window to select what type of windows server...
  4. Windows Server 2016 ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 ISO: Hey there, I've been looking for a download to the Window Server 2016 ISO file, but I can no longer find an official download link. All I can find is this link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2016 but it no longer works and just gives me...
  5. Windows Server 2016 ISO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 ISO: Hey there, I've been looking for a download to the Window Server 2016 ISO file, but I can no longer find an official download link. All I can find is this link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2016 but it no longer works and just gives me...
  6. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2016: Dear How you hide windows updates on the Windows server 2016. I tried downloading WUSHOWHIDE.DIAGCAD from Microsoft site download link broken. Can someone please assist. Thank You...
  7. Server 2016 Virtual Server lost login option after system restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server 2016 Virtual Server lost login option after system restore: After a system state restore on a virtual server 2016 running Exchange 2016 the system login is not available. This looks like: using Hyper V manager the Server main screen that prompts for Ctrl + Alt + Delete shows but when the button is clicked to enter the key sequence it...
  8. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  9. Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2016: I have a Hp Compaq 8200 elite I7 with 16GB memory, can I install Microsoft 2016 on this hardware and get a reasonable system, I am more interested in function than speed. It will be used as the server in a security test lab environment for virus/malware testing. The network...
  10. Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows server 2016: Hi, Please can you help me to understand if Windows server 2016 required MS17-010 patch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016/8b50913e-b88d-4a84-9e93-a49a15baa37f