Windows 10: Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy

Discus and support Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I am simply trying to recover a windows server 2016 system image. I took the image from a 400GB HDD and i'm recovering the image onto a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BaraccaX, Jan 24, 2020.

1. BaraccaX Win User

Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy

Hi everyone. I am simply trying to recover a windows server 2016 system image. I took the image from a 400GB HDD and i'm recovering the image onto a new 400GB drive. The new drive is the same model as the old drive. I am using a USB flash drive to boot into recovery.

Error 1 - No disk that can be used for recovering the system disk can be found.

So as per another post i opened Diskpart, list disk, select disk 1, clean..

Error 2 - The computer needs to be restarted to finish preparing a hard disk.

I reboot and then get error 1 again. Around and around we go.. I've selected exclude the flash drive. Also per another post suggesting i remove the flash drive just before i start the re-image process. That didn't help either..

I also tried to initialize the disk, set as active and assign a drive letter. no luck. So at this point. Just don't know. Thank you for any help.

:)

BaraccaX, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy

1. Windows server 2016 System image restore driving me crazy - Similar Threads - server 2016 System

2. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  3. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  4. Cortana Drives Me Crazy

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Drives Me Crazy: Hi, few days ago I decided to create a reminder in "Microsoft To Do" app, that will remind me about something everyday, both on phone and in Windows (I have this app in my phone too). However, due to some reason (I don't remember well) I wasn't satisfied with it and decided...
  5. Server 2016 Virtual Server lost login option after system restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Server 2016 Virtual Server lost login option after system restore: After a system state restore on a virtual server 2016 running Exchange 2016 the system login is not available. This looks like: using Hyper V manager the Server main screen that prompts for Ctrl + Alt + Delete shows but when the button is clicked to enter the key sequence it...
  6. FTP is driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP is driving me crazy: I'm facing a strange situation concerning FTP. The server accepts passive connections on port 21 and a username and password are required. 1. I can access the server using the FTP feature of Directory Opus with no apparent limitations. 2. I can connect to the server, but I...
  7. No available drive for restore system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No available drive for restore system image: My hard drive crashed. I bought a new one, used a bootable USB to restore a system image and got the error message. I searched online and received many options. Tried them all to no avail. I reinstalled Win 10 Pro and tried to do it again. No luck. What am I missing?...
  8. Windows sounds driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sounds driving me crazy: So I found where you can change the Windows sounds settings but I can't figure out which sound it is in the list to change. I want to turn off the sound Windows makes when you turn the volume control down and up. Any one know which sound it is in the list I need to change....
  9. Headphones driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones driving me crazy: Hey, Just after I upgraded to Windows 10, I noticed my headphones were making a weird noise whenever sound was playing, and then the sound sticking around for about five seconds when the sound stopped playing. Here's a sample: Headphone Beep This was quieter and more...
  10. Driving me crazy!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Driving me crazy!!: May some one please help me, it's been quite a few years so bare with me. I have just bought a dell xps13 and I have a problem with my start menu, much user name and pic appear on the left side but in the middle. How can I move my name and pic to the top of the start menu??...