Windows 10: Windows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting

Discus and support Windows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some report application (C++) exes occasionally fail during an overnight batch. Some of these failures cause a popup like "... has stopped working"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GerardIE, Nov 29, 2018.

1. GerardIE Win User

Windows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting

Some report application (C++) exes occasionally fail during an overnight batch. Some of these failures cause a popup like "... has stopped working" which is from the WerFault.exe. The batch controller should decide what to do with failed jobs not the server operating system.

We have tried the settings below we still get the annoying popups.

1. The Windows Error reporting Service is NOT RUNNING.

2. The exes have been added using the Local Group Policy Editor to be excluded from error reporting:

User Configuration ->Administrative Templates ->Windows ComponentsWindows Error Reporting->Advanced Error Reporting settings->List of applications to be excluded

Computer Configuration ->Administrative Templates ->Windows ComponentsWindows Error Reporting->Advanced Error Reporting settings->List of applications to be excluded

Computer Configuration ->Administrative Templates ->Windows ComponentsWindows Error Reporting->Advanced Error Reporting settings->List of applications to never report errors for

The server has been rebooted.

:)

GerardIE, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Octopuss Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

They made it part of the WU client then, or it's two different things doing the same. Too bad you can't download it separately.

Octopuss, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Mr McC Win User
    Unable to disable subtitles in Windows Media Player

Hi folks,

I rented Shutter Island last night and was unable to disable the subtitles in Windows Media Player. Is this something to do with regional playback protection? Does anybody have a workaround to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Mr McC, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Rehmanpa Win User

Questions about Windows Server 2016 and 2012 R2

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right section to post my question in. I'm looking at helping out a friend who is working on a server solution for his small business (about 25 employees). He is currently looking at a Dell PowerEdge T430 server, and I am trying to come up with an alternative that doesn't cost like $4000 USD. It seems that Windows Server 2016 charges by Cores and CALs? What are CALs? We're looking to install it onto bare-metal, meaning it's not running in a VM, windows server is going to be installed directly onto it. I was also looking at Windows Server 2012 R2 because it seems a lot cheaper and doesn't do stupid shit like charging per core. Is Windows Server 2012 R2 still a decent option?

I think his main goal is to have people log onto the server as a domain and share files off of it, and save his archives to it. This was going to be my recommended build:
    System Builder - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core, HAF X ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker

Again, I'm trying to figure out about Windows Server 2016 vs 2012 R2 and what version of 2016 to get if he decides to go that route. For a raid card since I want to be running those two 6tb hitachi drives in raid 1, I figured something like this LSI card would suffice:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LSI-9267-8...987173?hash=item21175e7565:gWindows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting :pNIAAOSwAuZX5C28

Any thoughts and suggestions? Really could use help with the OS side of things, I think that the hardware I selected is pretty good. I already have a HAF X case I'd just throw in for like $100, which will suffice for a case. Thanks for all your guys' thoughts and suggestions.

Edit: Just to explain why I am so desperately trying to help him get away from Dell, I took a screenshot of the hard drive selection for the customizing Dell Server. They want $163.17 USD per 1TB 7.2K RPM Sata Drive, which is not just ridiculous but it's highway robbery.

Windows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting 67Cveh5.png

Windows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting [​IMG]

Rehmanpa, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Server 2016 unable to disable windows error reporting - Similar Threads - Server 2016 unable

2. Window server 2016 activation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window server 2016 activation error: My window server 2016 License is expired. I have genuine key to activate my window server, but I am unable to activate my window. shows error" this edition cannot be upgraded". Please give me solution ASAP....
  3. Window server 2016 activation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window server 2016 activation error: My window server 2016 License is expired. I have genuine key to activate my window server, but I am unable to activate my window. shows error" this edition cannot be upgraded". Please give me solution ASAP....
  4. Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Report Builder - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Report Builder - Windows 11: Hi, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Report Builder crashes when opening in windows 11. I have tried re installing and on another windows 11 machine.Can't find a way to report this bug other than here?...
  5. Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Report Builder - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Report Builder - Windows 11: Hi, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Report Builder crashes when opening in windows 11. I have tried re installing and on another windows 11 machine.Can't find a way to report this bug other than here?...
  6. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2016: Dear How you hide windows updates on the Windows server 2016. I tried downloading WUSHOWHIDE.DIAGCAD from Microsoft site download link broken. Can someone please assist. Thank You...
  7. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...
  8. Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows server 2016: Hi, Please can you help me to understand if Windows server 2016 required MS17-010 patch. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2016/8b50913e-b88d-4a84-9e93-a49a15baa37f
  9. WIndow server 2016 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndow server 2016 error: Dear Microsoft Team, We finded the problem on our server, the error is: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID...
  10. Disable Windows Error Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Windows Error Reporting: When a program crashes, how do you disable the menu that pops up that ask if you want to fix it and then attempts to send data? 9719

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop windows error reporting windows server 2016

2. windows problem reporting 2016

3. server 2016 disable windows error reporting

4. disable windows error reporting Server 2016,
  5. Disable error reporting dumps Server 2016,
  6. disable windows error reporting in server 2016,
  7. windows server 2016 configure windows error reporting,
  8. disable windows error reporting windows 2016,
  9. how to stop windows error reporting service windows 2016,
  10. disable windows problem reporting server 2016