Windows 10: windows server 2016 - windows icon & search not working

Discus and support windows server 2016 - windows icon & search not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running windows server 2016. When I click on the windows icon or the search icon I the circle spins but nothing happens. How can I get these two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rsmithz, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Rsmithz Win User

windows server 2016 - windows icon & search not working

I am running windows server 2016. When I click on the windows icon or the search icon I the circle spins but nothing happens. How can I get these two features to work in windows server 2016?

Thank you.

:)

Rsmithz, Aug 18, 2019

2. OneDrive for Business Icon Overlays in Windows Server 2016 Not Working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue may not be related with the Windows Server 2016.

Here is an article for your reference: Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive
    for Business.

Please check the workarounds in the article and I would suggest you first download the wizard and follow the steps to see the result.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Gloria Gong MSFT, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Octopuss Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

They made it part of the WU client then, or it's two different things doing the same. Too bad you can't download it separately.

Octopuss, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. windows server 2016 - windows icon & search not working - Similar Threads - server 2016 icon

2. Windows Server 2016 USB not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 USB not working: Help,I have a Dell R720 server running Windows Server 2016.The POST boot process before the OS loads progresses normally and I can use the USB keyboard and USB mouse to change settings in the iDRAC and BIOS setup. I have checked the status of the USB ports in iDRAC and they...
  3. Windows Server 2016 USB not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2016 USB not working: Help,I have a Dell R720 server running Windows Server 2016.The POST boot process before the OS loads progresses normally and I can use the USB keyboard and USB mouse to change settings in the iDRAC and BIOS setup. I have checked the status of the USB ports in iDRAC and they...
  4. QoS not working on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QoS not working on Windows server 2016: I am trying to apply QoS setting across our server estate via GPOs to assist with WAN testing.We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a...
  5. QoS not working on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    QoS not working on Windows server 2016: I am trying to apply QoS setting across our server estate via GPOs to assist with WAN testing.We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a...
  6. QoS not working on Windows server 2016

7. Windows server 2016 QOS not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 QOS not working: We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a 2016 server the policy appears to apply I can see the correct settings via Get-NetQoSPolicy...
  8. Windows server 2016 QOS not working

Windows server 2016 QOS not working: We are attempting to apply the same policy to both 2012 R2 servers and 2016On a 2012 R2 server the policy correctly applies the QoS tagging settings are works exactly as expect.On a 2016 server the policy appears to apply I can see the correct settings via Get-NetQoSPolicy...
  9. Windows server 2016 QOS not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows Server 2016

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Server 2016: I've inherited some problems at a new employer related to Windows Server 2016. I know Server 2012 and older pretty well, but not 2016. The problem is that something is killing Admin Control. Admins can still log in, but things that require Admin Elevation or just admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server 2016 search not working

2. start menu not working in win server 2016