Windows 10: Windows server 2016

Discus and support Windows server 2016 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Please can you help me to understand if Windows server 2016 required MS17-010 patch.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Renov_Ray, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Renov_Ray Win User

Windows server 2016

Hi,

Please can you help me to understand if Windows server 2016 required MS17-010 patch.

:)

Renov_Ray, Sep 4, 2019

2. Windows 2016 Nano Server

Hi ,

Can we hibernate the windows 2016 Nano server .

What are the steps to proceed with it.

What are the steps to create nano server with bare metal process.

Thanks

NKG

Nitin K Gupta, Sep 4, 2019
  3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Rehmanpa Win User

Windows server 2016

Questions about Windows Server 2016 and 2012 R2

Hey guys, hopefully this is the right section to post my question in. I'm looking at helping out a friend who is working on a server solution for his small business (about 25 employees). He is currently looking at a Dell PowerEdge T430 server, and I am trying to come up with an alternative that doesn't cost like $4000 USD. It seems that Windows Server 2016 charges by Cores and CALs? What are CALs? We're looking to install it onto bare-metal, meaning it's not running in a VM, windows server is going to be installed directly onto it. I was also looking at Windows Server 2012 R2 because it seems a lot cheaper and doesn't do stupid shit like charging per core. Is Windows Server 2012 R2 still a decent option?

I think his main goal is to have people log onto the server as a domain and share files off of it, and save his archives to it. This was going to be my recommended build:
    System Builder

Again, I'm trying to figure out about Windows Server 2016 vs 2012 R2 and what version of 2016 to get if he decides to go that route. For a raid card since I want to be running those two 6tb hitachi drives in raid 1, I figured something like this LSI card would suffice:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LSI-9267-8...987173?hash=item21175e7565:gWindows server 2016 :pNIAAOSwAuZX5C28

Any thoughts and suggestions? Really could use help with the OS side of things, I think that the hardware I selected is pretty good. I already have a HAF X case I'd just throw in for like $100, which will suffice for a case. Thanks for all your guys' thoughts and suggestions.

Edit: Just to explain why I am so desperately trying to help him get away from Dell, I took a screenshot of the hard drive selection for the customizing Dell Server. They want $163.17 USD per 1TB 7.2K RPM Sata Drive, which is not just ridiculous but it's highway robbery.

Windows server 2016 67Cveh5.png

Windows server 2016 [​IMG]

Rehmanpa, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows server 2016

1. Windows server 2016 - Similar Threads - server 2016

2. Self Signed Cert on 2016 Windows server only creates cert valid for 6 weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self Signed Cert on 2016 Windows server only creates cert valid for 6 weeks: Opened MMC.exe as adminAdded the Snap in for CertificationsOpen the menu Certifications > PersonalRight-Click on Personal and choose All Tasks > Request New CertificateClick Next, Choose the AD Enrollment Certificate PolicyClick Next, Choose Template Computers, then...
  3. Self Signed Cert on 2016 Windows server only creates cert valid for 6 weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self Signed Cert on 2016 Windows server only creates cert valid for 6 weeks: Opened MMC.exe as adminAdded the Snap in for CertificationsOpen the menu Certifications > PersonalRight-Click on Personal and choose All Tasks > Request New CertificateClick Next, Choose the AD Enrollment Certificate PolicyClick Next, Choose Template Computers, then...
  4. Server 2016 Bitlocker decrypts drive and I can read it, but no write access is allowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2016 Bitlocker decrypts drive and I can read it, but no write access is allowed: Server 2016 with all the latest updates applied. Bitlocker encrypted the D: and successfully decrypts after a reboot but we cannot write anything to the drive even through we have full control and run notepad as admin.If we decrypt the drive, reboot, and reencrypt with can...
  5. Server 2016 Bitlocker decrypts drive and I can read it, but no write access is allowed

Server 2016 Bitlocker decrypts drive and I can read it, but no write access is allowed: Server 2016 with all the latest updates applied. Bitlocker encrypted the D: and successfully decrypts after a reboot but we cannot write anything to the drive even through we have full control and run notepad as admin.If we decrypt the drive, reboot, and reencrypt with can...
  6. Windows Server 2016 automatically installs updates without prompting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2016 automatically installs updates without prompting: I have a Windows Server 2016 system that had a pending Windows Update; we update through WSUS, systems are set to Download And Notify option 3. Yesterday, I went to install a pending update, and the update failed because there was insufficient free disc space. I cleared...
  7. Windows Server 2016 automatically installs updates without prompting

Windows Server 2016 automatically installs updates without prompting: I have a Windows Server 2016 system that had a pending Windows Update; we update through WSUS, systems are set to Download And Notify option 3. Yesterday, I went to install a pending update, and the update failed because there was insufficient free disc space. I cleared...
  8. Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016: Hello, i have problem with windows server 2016 i chooise by accident standard setup and after this always my pc going to cmd and alt+ctrl+del working..so im very panic because i dont know if i will fix that i mean standard setup convert to desktop setup..so how setup in...
  9. Windows server 2016

Windows server 2016: Hello, i have problem with windows server 2016 i chooise by accident standard setup and after this always my pc going to cmd and alt+ctrl+del working..so im very panic because i dont know if i will fix that i mean standard setup convert to desktop setup..so how setup in...
  10. visual c++ documentation on asserts debug assertion failed on Windows server 2016 standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual c++ documentation on asserts debug assertion failed on Windows server 2016 standard: visual c++ documentation on asserts debug assertion failed on Windows server 2016 standard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-documentation-on-asserts-debug-assertion/3dce82de-32e9-42d6-a3ac-c8e58c228de5