Windows 10: Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" !

Discus and support Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" ! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a HP ProLiant DL360P with 5x 512GB SSD drives installed. I can't seem to get windows Server 2019 or 2022 to install it shows a message at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OfficialMikeJTv, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" !

I have a HP ProLiant DL360P with 5x 512GB SSD drives installed. I can't seem to get windows Server 2019 or 2022 to install it shows a message at the bottom of the installation box saying:Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One with the following error code: 0x80042468Not too sure why this is happening ?.I have 2.4TB of storage in a Server that should be able to handle more then 2.4TB it has 8 Total Drive bays and I only have 5 of the total bays full at the moment.Anyone have a solution to this issue ?. I have tried to follow so many tutorials or guides from YouTube and other

:)

OfficialMikeJTv, Dec 28, 2021
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, Dec 28, 2021
  3. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" ! [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" ! [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Dec 28, 2021
  4. William40 Win User

Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" !

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2 partition

I tried the steps in this link but it did not work:
    How to Solve the Error "We Couldn’t Create a New Partition"?

I tried also to convert my drive to GPT but I get error : partition is of GPT style !!!! however I want to use mbr so please help me to install it a mbr

Thanks

William40, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" !

1. Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" ! - Similar Threads - Server 2019 2022

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  4. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  5. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  6. Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019/2022 Install "Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One" !: I have a HP ProLiant DL360P with 5x 512GB SSD drives installed. I can't seem to get windows Server 2019 or 2022 to install it shows a message at the bottom of the installation box saying:Couldn't Create a New Partition or Locate an Existing One with the following error code:...
  7. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Dear Microsoft, Recently, I was trying to install Windows on my Laptop PC. I tried to install, but this is the error I got: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. I tried to fix it so many times, but it didn't work. It is an Acer laptop, model...
  8. Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!

Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!: I downloaded Windows 10 May 2019 update from Microsoft on May 24.. Used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media (USB drive). I used DISKPART to clean drive and put it in “uninitialized state”. Regardless of attempts to do clean install on either HD or SSD,...
  9. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ho b120i raid windows setup cant create nee partition or.find existing one

2. hp ml310 gen8 not install we could not create a new partition or find an existing one

3. hpe gen 8 we couldnt create a new partition

4. hp ml310e windows server 2019 install couldnt create a new partition