Windows 10: Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor

Discus and support Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have been running into this situation on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 machines for quite some time and never have been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ramentle, Nov 11, 2021.

1. ramentle Win User

Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor

Hello,I have been running into this situation on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 machines for quite some time and never have been able to get a resolution for it. I have a Dell PowerEdge T140 running Windows Server 2019 and on a daily basis I will find that the machine drops to a black screen with the cursor on it and the normal GUI for the desktop completely disappears. I can get around this by performing a Ctrl+Alt+Del and starting task manager, clicking on File from the menu bar, and selecting Run New Task... I run explorer and then everything comes back up for me. Easy workarou

:)

ramentle, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor - Similar Threads - Server 2019 Black

2. Windows black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen with cursor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-black-screen-with-cursor/5dc3ad10-7320-4776-ad8f-17af5e6b7968I have tried following the steps of booting into safe mode, going into the control panel and uninstalling the latest windows update that caused the...
  3. Windows black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen with cursor: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-black-screen-with-cursor/5dc3ad10-7320-4776-ad8f-17af5e6b7968I have tried following the steps of booting into safe mode, going into the control panel and uninstalling the latest windows update that caused the...
  4. Windows black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows black screen with cursor

windows black screen with cursor: I installed an update on my windows 10. After update I see black screen with cursor. I tried different fix. In safe mode also the problem persists. The scannow from cmd prompt also show there are some corrupt files but windows is unable to fix them. I restarted gpu drive, but...
  6. Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor

Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor: Hello,I have been running into this situation on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 machines for quite some time and never have been able to get a resolution for it. I have a Dell PowerEdge T140 running Windows Server 2019 and on a daily basis I will find that the...
  7. Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2019 - Black Screen with Cursor: Hello,I have been running into this situation on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 machines for quite some time and never have been able to get a resolution for it. I have a Dell PowerEdge T140 running Windows Server 2019 and on a daily basis I will find that the...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...