Windows 10: windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

Discus and support windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi i add windows shared printer ( named A ) to my windows server 2019. the A printer is shown in control panel\deive and printer but is not shown in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by soheil darvish amiri, Nov 16, 2019.

1. windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

hi

i add windows shared printer ( named A ) to my windows server 2019. the A printer is shown in control panel\deive and printer but is not shown in print servers\printers.

Q: what kind of printer is listed in Print Servers\Printers ?

:)

soheil darvish amiri, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 16, 2019
  4. t_ski Win User

windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

Error - Printing on Network printer

The idea of isolating the printers means that if one dies, it only takes itself down & not the whole server. I believe it's a right-click feature in Printer Management.

HP support for Windows 7 sucks, and I'm guessing their 2008 support is right up there. From what I've been told (I'm not the print server guy), HP is asking that you use their universal drivers.

t_ski, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

1. windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management - Similar Threads - server add shared

2. Cant share printer on print server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant share printer on print server: Cant share new printer on printserver Server 2012 R2Event ID 315:The print spooler failed to share printer *Printername* with shared resource name *Printername*. Error 5. The printer cannot be used by others on the network.All other existenting printers are shared and work...
  3. Cant share printer on print server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant share printer on print server: Cant share new printer on printserver Server 2012 R2Event ID 315:The print spooler failed to share printer *Printername* with shared resource name *Printername*. Error 5. The printer cannot be used by others on the network.All other existenting printers are shared and work...
  4. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  5. Windows 11 cannot print to shared printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot print to shared printers: Hello,I have a Windows Server 2016, which is acting as a Domain and Print server. I have HP, Canon and Lexmark printers that are shared from this server to the rest of the computers. Most of the printers are using PCL6 V3 and V4 type drivers. Recently I've started upgrading...
  6. printer not add in sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not add in sharing: hello windows 11 up to date but printer not add in sharing windows 11 version 22H2os build 22621.819error 0x00000709 and 0x00000040 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-add-in-sharing/9b2b1c2a-9d52-4aa5-9129-c30ea1b5c506
  7. printer not add in sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not add in sharing: hello windows 11 up to date but printer not add in sharing windows 11 version 22H2os build 22621.819error 0x00000709 and 0x00000040 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-add-in-sharing/9b2b1c2a-9d52-4aa5-9129-c30ea1b5c506
  8. Add shared printer via IIS server automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add shared printer via IIS server automatically: I have a server with which I'd like to centralize the management of my printers. I've got some HP printers which doesn't work with printer share or deploy printer via printer server. client will print garbage out of Microsoft Office. I've got IIS and internet printing setup...
  9. Shared printer not printing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer not printing: Client uses a HP 1515 series printer/scanner connected to a desktop via USB and shared. The printer does not print from the laptop to the share - it initializes a print job and seems successful but NO page coming from printer. After lots a trail and error I discovered that...
  10. Add Shared Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Shared Printer in Windows 10: How to: Add Shared Printer in Windows 10 How to Add a Shared Printer in Windows 10 Network printers are able to connect directly to your network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet, and are available to anyone on the same network by default. If you have a printer connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add shared printer to print server

2. adding shared priner to print managment

3. how to manage printers and queues using printserver management console on printservers