Windows 10: windows server Backup

Discus and support windows server Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have issue with windows server backup i can not set the differential backup system there is no option is not flashing as well as please guide with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AzizFanaswala, Jan 12, 2020.

1. windows server Backup

I have issue with windows server backup i can not set the differential backup system there is no option is not flashing as well as please guide with to get that.this is windows server2012

while it goes to full backup with only day backup means yesterday backup only its flashing , if i want to do recovery of day before yesterday i can not able to recovery its not showing only option yesterday backup.

:)

AzizFanaswala, Jan 12, 2020

2. Remove Backups Server essentials 2012R2

I would like to remove some old backups for devices listed in the windows server essentials 2012 R2 dashboard to free up hard drive space. Also would like to delete old backups from client computers no longer on the network.

What are the steps needed to accomplish this? I do not see an obvious way to do this in the devices tab of the dashboard.

Thank you

JeffSF_777, Jan 12, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Geekoid Win User

windows server Backup

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

windows server Backup

1. windows server Backup - Similar Threads - server Backup

2. How to delete Windows Server Backup Copies

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete Windows Server Backup Copies: [ATTACH]Windows Server Backup is a built-in backup solution that allows administrators to schedule periodic, customized, and on-demand backups. It is a free utility that provides a set of wizards and tools to perform basic backup and recovery functions that can help optimize...
  3. Windows Server Backup GUI missing [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server Backup GUI missing [Fix]: [IMG]After configuring the backup of the Windows Server, if you try to trigger the backup but find that the GUI is missing, then this post is sure to help you. In this post, we will see what you can do if the Windows Server Backup GUI is missing. Fix Windows Server Backup GUI...
  4. How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?: I would like to know on what approach to backup and restore window server 2012 using Hyper-V, furthermore, if I work on Hyper-V, I manage user account and server under Hyper-V, is there any guideline about Hyper-V?Managing Server 2012 on computer A, If I want to create a...
  5. How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to backup and restore win Server 2012 using Hyper-V?: I would like to know on what approach to backup and restore window server 2012 using Hyper-V, furthermore, if I work on Hyper-V, I manage user account and server under Hyper-V, is there any guideline about Hyper-V?Managing Server 2012 on computer A, If I want to create a...
  6. Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue: I tanked a full windows server backup yesterday on external SSD by using windows server backup feathers in windows server 2012 R2 . Today I want to take an incremental backup on the full backup that I tanked yesterday by changed the Configure Performance Settings and choose...
  7. Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue

Incremental Windows Server Backup Issue: I tanked a full windows server backup yesterday on external SSD by using windows server backup feathers in windows server 2012 R2 . Today I want to take an incremental backup on the full backup that I tanked yesterday by changed the Configure Performance Settings and choose...
  8. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  9. VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard

VSS Issues with backups on Windows Server 2016 Standard: I have a backup appliance from Datto that is running hourly backups on a Windows Server 2016 Standard File Server. The backups up until about 2-3 weeks ago were working without issue outside of the irregular power outage or two with summer storms. I had an issue where just...
  10. Cannot workaround to use Powershell to recover from a windows server backup to a remote...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot workaround to use Powershell to recover from a windows server backup to a remote...: I am using windows server 16. I have a backup of the system state that was taken on remote share path //IP/pathA using the wbadmin tool.Now I am trying to restore using this backup. The backup is being exposed using a different remote share path //IP/pathB. Now the issue is...