Windows 10: Windows server in place upgrade

Discus and support Windows server in place upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I we recently upgraded our 2012 r2 server to 2019 and everything appeared to be okay, however this is a file share server and we now have a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Montypython112, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Windows server in place upgrade

I we recently upgraded our 2012 r2 server to 2019 and everything appeared to be okay, however this is a file share server and we now have a lot of latency on this server.A number of files are recording which will now stutter when being played i have run wireshark and you can see a number of SMB2 error.Any help greatly appreciated

:)

Montypython112, Sep 19, 2022

2. Server 2008R2 in place upgrade

Hello!

I work for a security company who manages the security infrastructure for some large clients. One of my companies clients is asking us to manage their security servers for them and consolidate all of the data we have about the servers that they have. Throughout
    this process we are proceeding to upgrade their current operating systems from Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 > Microsoft Windows Server 2019 but it's my job to first test this on a singe 'test' server before we start making changes to their production system.

My goal is to test and see if my company can in place upgrade these servers without doing a fresh reinstall and setup for each server (there are roughly 250 that need this operation completed) and to make sure that all of our software processes do not stop
    working after upgrade and instead resume their roles as if they just had a power out. These servers do not have any Windows Server roles installed/running on them and all of their processes are 3rd party programs and SQL.

So! I setup my test server and attempted the first jump from Server 2008R2 > Server 2012R2 as described by this Microsoft article here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com...-server-2008-r2-to-windows-server/ba-p/752330 using
    the free evaluation copy of Server 2012R2 as a proof of concept prior to purchasing an official licence for the Server 2012R2 Software and it would not let me complete the operation telling me "Server 2008R2 Standard is not compatible to upgrade to Server
    2012R2 Server standard core (GUI) EVALUATION"

Is this a licensing problem because we would rather not buy a server 2012R2 License to test and see if an in place upgrade will work then have it not work.

Andrew Williams (CoffeeSips_), Sep 19, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Sep 19, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows server in place upgrade

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows server in place upgrade

1. Windows server in place upgrade - Similar Threads - server place upgrade

2. OS upgrade error - Windows server 2019 to WIndows server 2022 - In place upgrade method

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS upgrade error - Windows server 2019 to WIndows server 2022 - In place upgrade method: I've been trying to upgrade the OS of my Windows instance from 2019 to the Windows Server 2022 version using the In-place upgrade method. I've attached a volume containing Windows 2022 installation media to the instance and performed the update. But the upgrade failed showing...
  3. OS upgrade error - Windows server 2019 to WIndows server 2022 - In place upgrade method

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS upgrade error - Windows server 2019 to WIndows server 2022 - In place upgrade method: I've been trying to upgrade the OS of my Windows instance from 2019 to the Windows Server 2022 version using the In-place upgrade method. I've attached a volume containing Windows 2022 installation media to the instance and performed the update. But the upgrade failed showing...
  4. in-place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in-place upgrade: in-place upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-place-upgrade/ba32d89f-3c2a-40a0-bbfa-ceb62204675e
  5. Preform in-place upgrad from windows server 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preform in-place upgrad from windows server 2012: I have Windows Server 2012 Standrd installed, and I want to upgrade the system to Server 2016. When I'm doing the upgrade process I dont have option the keep my files, the error I get: your files apps and settings can't be kept because your installing an edition of windows...
  6. Preform in-place upgrad from windows server 2012

Preform in-place upgrad from windows server 2012: I have Windows Server 2012 Standrd installed, and I want to upgrade the system to Server 2016. When I'm doing the upgrade process I dont have option the keep my files, the error I get: your files apps and settings can't be kept because your installing an edition of windows...
  7. In Place upgrade from server 2012 r2 to Server 2019

In Place upgrade from server 2012 r2 to Server 2019: Hello,I am running server 2012 r2 standard and I am hoping to upgrade to server 2019 without losing my settings server 2012 is our DNS, AD, DHCPI did some reading and to do an in place upgrade you need to upgrade to 2016 then to 2019. I have an image of 2016 but it's an...
  8. In Place upgrade from server 2012 r2 to Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Place upgrade from server 2012 r2 to Server 2019: Hello,I am running server 2012 r2 standard and I am hoping to upgrade to server 2019 without losing my settings server 2012 is our DNS, AD, DHCPI did some reading and to do an in place upgrade you need to upgrade to 2016 then to 2019. I have an image of 2016 but it's an...
  9. Windows server in place upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server in place upgrade: I we recently upgraded our 2012 r2 server to 2019 and everything appeared to be okay, however this is a file share server and we now have a lot of latency on this server.A number of files are recording which will now stutter when being played i have run wireshark and you can...
  10. Can't perform in-place upgrade from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't perform in-place upgrade from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019: When I run the Windows Server 2019 installer to upgrade from Windows Server 2019, the option for an in-place upgrade is greyed out. How can I perform an in-place upgrade? When I use this: dism /online /get-targeteditions I get this: (The current edition cannot be upgraded...