Windows 10: Windows Server Update

Discus and support Windows Server Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have many servers, 2 of which are running Windows Server 2019. 1 of them will not connect to the update service. Every time I try to download updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kris_07, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Kris_07 Win User

Windows Server Update

I have many servers, 2 of which are running Windows Server 2019. 1 of them will not connect to the update service. Every time I try to download updates I receive an error:

ERROR ENCOUNTERED

We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

I have restarted the Server, windows services, same result. Again, this is working fine on one server not working on the other, both have the exact same operating system. I have several other servers on 2012, 2012R2 which are also working fine.

Please advise.

:)

Kris_07, Jun 30, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jun 30, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jun 30, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Server Update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Server Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Server Update

1. Windows Server Update - Similar Threads - Server Update

2. Windows Update History Gone [Windows Server 2016]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update History Gone [Windows Server 2016]: Hi,What happened to Windows Update History used to list the updates installed. I can no longer find it. Update history in the Settings - Update and Security Windows Update section strangely shows "No updates installed"Guest OS: Windows Server 2016Looking forward to everyone...
  3. Windows Update History Gone [Windows Server 2016]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update History Gone [Windows Server 2016]: Hi,What happened to Windows Update History used to list the updates installed. I can no longer find it. Update history in the Settings - Update and Security Windows Update section strangely shows "No updates installed"Guest OS: Windows Server 2016Looking forward to everyone...
  4. Windows Update History Gone [Windows Server 2016]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 pro update in late 2023 interferes with media server <-> TV connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro update in late 2023 interferes with media server <-> TV connection: The app is Serviio. The TV with the problem is Sony, new model but six year old model had same problem with the update. Media Streaming win11p has been turned on and off, enabled to Serviio, enable to TV, both, or neither. Media has not been made available to the built-in...
  6. Windows 11 pro update in late 2023 interferes with media server <-> TV connection

Windows 11 pro update in late 2023 interferes with media server <-> TV connection: The app is Serviio. The TV with the problem is Sony, new model but six year old model had same problem with the update. Media Streaming win11p has been turned on and off, enabled to Serviio, enable to TV, both, or neither. Media has not been made available to the built-in...
  7. windows 10 can't access server for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 can't access server for updates: windows10 can't access server for updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-access-server-for-updates/f96e0fb5-f0b4-48ba-91a8-5a51ffdf5db2
  8. windows 10 can't access server for updates

windows 10 can't access server for updates: windows10 can't access server for updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-access-server-for-updates/f96e0fb5-f0b4-48ba-91a8-5a51ffdf5db2
  9. windows 10 can't access server for updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 1809 for x64-based Systems KB5036896...

2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 1809 for x64-based Systems KB5036896...: The update 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 1809 for x64-based Systems KB5036896 takes too long to install and when the server restarts to finish the update, it fails to boot/restart.Title : 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 1809 for...