Windows 10: Windows Service connection failure

Discus and support Windows Service connection failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a new PC a few weeks ago with Window 10. Worked fine for a while and now when I switch on and type my password I get a message in the bottom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David1958, Nov 5, 2015.

1. David1958 Win User

Windows Service connection failure

I bought a new PC a few weeks ago with Window 10. Worked fine for a while and now when I switch on and type my password I get a message in the bottom right hand corner of the screen stating “Failed to connect to a Windows Service”
    I googled this problem and the advice given was to run the command prompt as an administrator and type “netsh>winsock reset
    However, when I right click on the command prompt icon and click run as an administrator nothing happens. A few minutes later an error message pops up on the screen stating “The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"
    If I left, click on the command prompt icon the command window opens immediately
    Can anyone help

:)

David1958, Nov 5, 2015
  2. Haffy28 Win User

Failure to connect to a windows service

Thanks for this, am a bit lothe to start formatting discs and reinstalling windows 8.1 as I'm not technically minded and don't know what this would do to my files, Am managing to get by at the moment with my old "corrupt" account and a new account set up
    by Microsoft Support. Not ideal but will do for now. Thanks again for your reply.

Haffy28, Nov 5, 2015
  3. TiagoAz Win User
    Failure to connect to a windows service

Windows 10 is quite bad error-wise. Event Viewer reports 37 errors last hour, 144 last 24 hours, and 263 errors last 7 days.

GPClient error is just one of them. It sounds serious.

Windows Service connection failure [​IMG]

My machine is a Dell Inspiron 15R, clean install --- I formatted the disks, reinstalled my Windows 8.1 Pro, them updated to Windows 10.

Windows 8 ran ok before the update do Windows 10. I liked it, and I'll probably "downgrade" back if W10 continues behaving this bad.

Microsoft, fix this! Even the touch-pad is working erratically on W10.

TiagoAz, Nov 5, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Suppose you are having Internet connection problems? Does normal Internet access go OK?

Rt click the windows 4 squares bottom left then rt click 'Command Prompt(admin)'. See if that works.

linw, Nov 5, 2015
  5. David1958 Win User
    Thanks but that doesn't work either. after a couple of minutes I get the same error message "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

My internet access appears fine and I can browse websites without any problem

David1958, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Service connection failure - Similar Threads - Service connection failure

2. AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failure: So again and again we go around. This ASUS ROG14 and Windows is trash. Never again will I buy either. Failures and error since day one. This one is constant as Goodrix Finger read and a corrupted unfixable Windows email that came with Windows 11...
  3. AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMDRyzenMasterDriver service failure: So again and again we go around. This ASUS ROG14 and Windows is trash. Never again will I buy either. Failures and error since day one. This one is constant as Goodrix Finger read and a corrupted unfixable Windows email that came with Windows 11...
  4. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical service failure: Ok so i was just experimenting msconfig and i set ram to 256 and now windows is not booting up, it keeps giving "critical service failed" And Even system restore did not work because when I did restore it gave me another error saying "System exception not handled", I can't...
  5. Critical service failure

Critical service failure: Ok so i was just experimenting msconfig and i set ram to 256 and now windows is not booting up, it keeps giving "critical service failed" And Even system restore did not work because when I did restore it gave me another error saying "System exception not handled", I can't...
  6. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Critical Service Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical Service Failure: I updated my laptop last week, turned it on today and came up with a Critical Service Failure whereby it wouldn’t let me log in. I managed to bypass this to complete my studies today, however i’ve tried restarting my laptop again and it has come up with the same error...
  8. windows service start failure

windows service start failure: I don't know how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-service-start-failure/fe81e1fc-29eb-4494-89d9-cc80f64ed67e
  9. Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail

Windows 10 Mail "Connecting to a Service" failure for Yahoo and ATT Mail: OK, I burned a few hours on this so I thought I would save some folks the trouble in case then found hit it too. This is a bug in Windows 10 Mail. Changed my password on Yahoo (with ATT.net address). Windows 10 Mail, which helpfully uses OAUTH your Yahoo related accounts....
  10. Critical Service Failure

Critical Service Failure: Using HP and had no issue. Put laptop to sleep. Went to reopen went to blue screen labeled AUTOMATIC REPAIR. Advanced options ran chkdsk errors found Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in user by another process. Checkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL...