Windows 10: Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove.

Discus and support Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have this unknown service called 'NDE4OWM5Z' which keeps starting up again after some time, and even after rebooting my computer. The service is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Martin{}, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Martin{} Win User

Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove.

I have this unknown service called 'NDE4OWM5Z' which keeps starting up again after some time, and even after rebooting my computer. The service is presumably some kind of adware, because for every Google search which I do, the first 5 results are ads which lead to malicious websites (despite always using an adblock extension in every browser). Looking through the ads which came up on Amazon, I saw it redirected me to a SearchAwesome settings page, which didn't allow me to disable anything.

Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove. a4fb045f-2098-4e06-8f37-b5dd0f280ae3?upload=true.jpg

The screenshot above is exactly what comes up. In the image I've already turned the service off, but usually it would be 'running' after reboot or after some time, even after stopping and setting it to manual startup, rather than automatic.

I've used several adware removal software, such as SpyHunter, AdWare Cleaner, Revo Uninstaller (to remove its directory in C:/Program Files) and Adware Removal tool by TSA. Still nothing.

I've had this problem for a very long time now. If anybody has any idea on how to remove this, please let me know. The last resort would likely involve a factory restart of the PC, but avoiding that would be preferable.

:)

Martin{}, Feb 10, 2019
  2. albert1 Win User

Windows 10 keeps restarting after Security Center Reset from Services

Tried the suggestions of stopping services, then restarting. However all that resulted with Windows 10 finding something wrong and needing to restart windows again.

After several attempts not being able to log in eventually was able to achieve a standard login where I'm currently at .. however I'm afraid to do reboot windows as it may run into the restarting loop again finding something wrong of which it won't explain what exactly.

Who and why the developers add this sort of troubleshooting routines is beyond me. Windows finds a problem won't disclose what it as and keeps rebooting potentially more than a dozen times saying it found a problem and now needs to restart without any error codes and other descriptions and explanations.

It not exactly a mission critical problem.

Currently after checking these service are currently running

• Background Intelligent Transfer Service” - Automatic
    • “Cryptographic” service - Automatic
    • “Windows Update” service - Automatic with delayed start

Defenders Antivirus service won't start keeps producing the same 1053 error upon attempting to start.

I'm not going to perform another restart until I have more information why Windows 10 keeps finding something wrong after a restart, won't log-in and decides it will check everything and restart for me and then enter a continual restarting loop each with the same messages without any or much of an explanation for what's going on etc..

albert1, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Chewy Win User
    windows explorer keeps rebooting

I took my comp out of the case yesterday because I wanted to get started on painting/modding the chassis.. on first boot I had this issue but after I restarted my comp it went away. Today I go to turn it on and when it gets in windows it just constantly says windows explorer stopped responding and just keeps rebooting windows explorer non stop.

I tried starting windows in safe mod but than it still keeps rebooting and even faster since the system is faster in safe mode.. well when I force shutdown last message that pops up before it turns off is like this.

"0000-00000- something something - cannot read memory" something similar to that.

the mobo is on top of the mobo box I plugged everything back in perfectly but ofc as usual my comp gives me problems.. or just vista lol I dont think my computer likes vista for its always given me problems but this is the software I want to use and wil not go back to xp since it has no dx10.

my mobo has a little bend in it from my zalman 9500 cpu cooler backplate, but I would think that if the memory/ram does not have perfect contact than he comp would not work...

Anyone have suggestions they will be appreciated, I have a headache now lol.

Chewy, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove. - Similar Threads - service keeps restarting

2. Network services require manual restart every time after computer reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network services require manual restart every time after computer reboots: Hi, every time my computer reboots I need to manually restart network services see attached screenshot. Here are the details.This problem began after I followed mcafee foolish suggestion to uninstall network adapters and reinstall them to fix their vpn issue. Back then, I...
  3. Network services require manual restart every time after computer reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network services require manual restart every time after computer reboots: Hi, every time my computer reboots I need to manually restart network services see attached screenshot. Here are the details.This problem began after I followed mcafee foolish suggestion to uninstall network adapters and reinstall them to fix their vpn issue. Back then, I...
  4. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...: Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  5. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...: Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  6. Windows Security exclusions being removed after reboot/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security exclusions being removed after reboot/restart: As the title says, any time that I turn back on my PC or restart it the exclusions that I set on certain files or desktop folders in Windows 10 Security is removed and ends up either deleting or stopping me from running said files. This is very annoying as having to set each...
  7. Windows Security exclusions being removed after reboot/restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security exclusions being removed after reboot/restart: As the title says, any time that I turn back on my PC or restart it the exclusions that I set on certain files or desktop folders in Windows 10 Security is removed and ends up either deleting or stopping me from running said files. This is very annoying as having to set each...
  8. Windows Security exclusions being removed after reboot/restart

9. Some Removed Web Credentials keep reappearing after reboot - W10P 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Removed Web Credentials keep reappearing after reboot - W10P 20H2: Started cleaning out old Web-Credentials mostly stored by Internet Explorer. Not been using IE any more since initial EDGE appeared. The credentials listed in "Web Credentials" do not seem to get synced between machines anymore anyway. Managed to delete the bulk of them but 3...
  10. Wi-Fi Connection that Keeps Dropping After Some Time, Requiring Restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi Connection that Keeps Dropping After Some Time, Requiring Restart: For a week my Wi-fi has been kicking out seemingly when I don't use my laptop for a while. My computer is set to not go to sleep ever. I've tried: Turning router/modem on and off Release/renew IP and flushing DNS Uninstalling and auto-reinstalling the wifi driver...