Windows 10: Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart

Discus and support Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I made an .NET application that runs as a windows service with a startup type set to "Automatic". Sometimes after computer restart, service doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gatara1989, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart

I made an .NET application that runs as a windows service with a startup type set to "Automatic". Sometimes after computer restart, service doesn't start. I have set NLog logging and Event Logs on start of Main and OnStart methods and after that start after restart "failure" there are no logs neither on file system nor event logs in EventViewer\ApplicationLogs, as that methods haven't even been called.
    There is Service Control Manager 7009 error logged in EventViewer\System logs that says that my service didn't respond in a 30000ms and I am pretty sure that the call hasn't been made to my service.
    During my tests I have found out that sometimes even popular applications as Windows Defender and Team Viewer haven't started automatically.
    After boot, i could always start service manually without any kind of problem.
    For now, it occurred only on computers with poor configuration with installed Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803.
    After adding ServicesPipeTimeout variable to registry and increasing the timeout value for the service startup that problem stopped occurring.
    I could propose this as fix to my clients, but I would like to deliver it with some valid explanation for customers why should i made them add/update information (which is general to all windows services, not to my app only) in their registries.
    Did anybody have similar problem? Is this registered microsoft bug?

:)

Gatara1989, Sep 12, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically

I've had this happen from time to time. For me it has always been caused by the OEM's wifi manager software they install on the laptop. It doesn't even have to be separate software, a lot of them bundle it with the driver for the wifi card, so you don't have a choice on installing it.

In cases where I can't track down the cause I just create a bat file to start the service and drop it in Startup, then set the service to always restart if it stops. I also put a shortcut to the bat on the desktop just in case I have to start it manual, I can just double click it from there and the service starts without the hassle of going through all those steps to get into the menu to start the service.

Just create a bat file and put this line in it:

Code: net start "Wireless Zero Configuration"[/quote]

newtekie1, Sep 12, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart

Start button doesn´t work

This is really dissapointing

The Start menu button, windows key, applications in the task bar, notifications, antivirus label and time doesn´t work. I cannot switch beteween users and the only way to shut down the computer is turning it off. Actually I'm accesing the computer via a
    local user I created when installed Win10, but in that account happens the same. The machine upload the system very slowly and when I try to modify anything via control panel (which I reach through a "desktop" label) the admistrator's password is required
    and submitted with no problems. Thw Windows analysis says that today and other past days the windows explorer wasn't uploaded.

There was no way of restarting via previous point because there wasn't any and I couldn't restart the computer in my previous windows (7) version.

Miguel Paez, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart

1. Windows Service sometimes doesn't start after computer restart - Similar Threads - Service sometimes doesn't

2. Computer sometimes refuses to start programmes and won't even restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes refuses to start programmes and won't even restart?: Ok so my computer has been doing this for a while now and it happens randomly I don't know why it does it or what causes it but randomly I will try open a game and it won't open doesnt matter what type of game it is steam origin or even from a dvd rom will not open but...
  3. Computer sometimes refuses to start programmes and won't even restart?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer sometimes refuses to start programmes and won't even restart?: Ok so my computer has been doing this for a while now and it happens randomly I don't know why it does it or what causes it but randomly I will try open a game and it won't open doesnt matter what type of game it is steam origin or even from a dvd rom will not open but...
  4. Computer sometimes refuses to start programmes and won't even restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  6. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  7. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The computer does not start after a restart

The computer does not start after a restart: Hi, My computer is not working at all and I am beginning to think it was a virus or some kind of malware. I was trying to reset my computer, and after resetting it, it would charge for about 10 seconds, shut down, and do the exact same thing again. The entire percentage...
  9. Sometimes the start button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sometimes the start button doesn't work: Hello! Sometimes when I click the start button or hit the windows key on my keyboard, nothing happens. The start menu doesn't open, even if I let it sit for several minutes. The only way to get it working again is to shut down/restart (which can be done by right clicking the...
  10. Windows 10 Services Sometimes Not Starting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Services Sometimes Not Starting: My Dad has a new Windows 10 Laptop that applications / browsers that use the internet - (except Edge) do not connect to the internet or work at all eg Chrome. Using Event Viewer the logs indicate that several Windows Services like Network and Browser and few others have not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service doesnt start after computer reboot

2. how to restart a service sometime after restart pc

3. windows service 7009 restart first error