Windows 10: Windows services access denied for wuauserv

Discus and support Windows services access denied for wuauserv in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AaravPatel, May 9, 2020.

1. Windows services access denied for wuauserv

Hi,

I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the message "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings " along with the code "0x80070422".The troubleshooter does not detect any problems. I have tried starting the Windows Update Service but I keep getting access denied "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.". I have tried the windows restore from the command prompt, I am sure that i am the administrator of my device, I have tried many problems but I just can't get my laptop to start installing apps. Please help me...I can't live through this quarantine without games and netflix.

:)

AaravPatel, May 9, 2020

2. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

Windows services access denied for wuauserv [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, May 9, 2020
  3. Remote access denied.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern about remote access denied, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc on the Run box.
    • Open Remote Desktop Services.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Select This account: Network Service.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, May 9, 2020
  4. danicolaj Win User

Windows services access denied for wuauserv

Could not open Service Manager: Access is denied

Hi,

I downloaded gpu-z - I can run it as administrator, it works great.

Thing is, I need it to be running from a user account to monitor what happens in a given user situation.

But even if I Run as Administrator I get this error message:
    Could not open Service Manager: Access is denied

do you know why and a way around this?

thanks,
    dani

danicolaj, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows services access denied for wuauserv

1. Windows services access denied for wuauserv - Similar Threads - services access denied

2. Bluetooth Services Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Services Access Denied: Hi,I currently own a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 and earbuds WF-100XM3 that have the same problem. When using Microsoft Teams, I face a strange issue that when I use the headset as speaker, and an external microphone as microphone see setup below, there is no sound coming to my...
  3. Windows update service access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update service access denied: Hello there I am trying to get some updates for my PC but I can't because windows update service is turned off and when I try to turn it back on I get access denied massage. I am the admin on the PC .I don't have any other users on it.I tried the change data value in key...
  4. Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service: I have had trouble today with no audio from my computer. After troubleshooting and following guides online, I believe I have found the problem. In the 'Services' panel the 'Windows Audio' service is not running. No matter what I do switching the 'Startup Type' to 'Automatic'...
  5. Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Service (wuauserv) Access Denied: Hello fellow Redditor, I have recently made an attempt to install the new updates for my Windows 10 Build 1909 system. However, when I went into settings and clicked "check for updates" in the updating section, I received error code 0x80070422. I then ran the Windows Update...
  6. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: Hi this might help with the problem on win 10 in component services goto mycomputer then DCOM Config find "microsoft audio device graph server" then change permissions to default...
  7. services : access is denied (windows 10)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    services : access is denied (windows 10): i wanna change services settings services access is denied windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/services-access-is-denied-windows-10/f5e54253-1f58-4fc5-94db-6abfd769ef0b"
  8. wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wuauserv service tasks are grayed out and access denied: Hello everyone, I used to stop windows updates when I use limited Internet by stopping the windows update service (wuauserv) but it seems like I can't do that anymore, so if its possible I'll need to help please. Here are attached images to give u clearer...
  9. windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows audio service access denied: I have tryed everything to sort it. Nothing seams to work does anyone know how to sort this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-access-denied/55551572-6a80-40be-ae3d-c1ae767bff36
  10. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: After a windows update my windows Audio service will not start. When trying to start it normally i get a message saying error 0x80070005: access is denied. This is leaving my computer without sound. Also it seems to have stop windows updates from installing and i can't use a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wuauserv not starting access denied

2. wuauserv could not be started system error 590