Windows 10: Windows set up prompts after logging in post unexpected shut down.

Discus and support Windows set up prompts after logging in post unexpected shut down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop running Windows 10 shut down suddenly and unexpectedly. I started it up again and logged in with my PIN, then left the room to allow it time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by funkalunk, May 20, 2020.

1. funkalunk Win User

Windows set up prompts after logging in post unexpected shut down.

My laptop running Windows 10 shut down suddenly and unexpectedly. I started it up again and logged in with my PIN, then left the room to allow it time to log in and load everything. When I came back it was in the midst of some Windows set up process I had never seen before. Prompts like trying a free trial of Office or linking my Windows account to a phone. Once i navigated through all of that it logged in as normal.

Why did this happen? A sudden shut down plus an odd start up has me concerned. The computer is far from new, so it’s not like I had just turned it on for the first time. Plus this happened upon logging in, not powering on the machine. Never seen this before.

:)

funkalunk, May 20, 2020

2. PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

I ran a couple of the OCCT tests for about half an hour with no issues(I know thats not to long..), cpu temps were around 70 like i mentioned in the original post.

I also ran the SFC check and i encountered a error:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Ive uploaded the log file HERE...scrolling down to the bottom it mentions its unable to repair something like "Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB". Could this be related?

Ive reset the CMOS using the handy CLR_CMOS button on my motherboard.

I might be able to get my hands on some old DDR3 memory to try. If not ill take one of mine out and test them individually.

Ive made quite a few changes so ill leave the PC on for a few days and report back if i still get a unexpected shutdown. The longest ive gone without a unexpected shut down is 7 days so if it still hasn't shutdown next week then ill report back with a possible success. Otherwise ill post as soon as i get a unexpected shutdown,

-Thanks everyone

Deridder45, May 20, 2020
  3. Media player libraries not shown on Xbox 360 post Windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, May 20, 2020
  4. Windows set up prompts after logging in post unexpected shut down.

You are about to be logged off - Windows will shut down in 1 minute

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check whether the automatic restart option is disabled or not as below.

• Press “Windows+X” and go to “Control Panel”.
    • Click on “System and Security” and click on “System”.
    • On the left hand side click on “Advanced system settings”.
    • Click on “Advanced” tab, then under “Startup and Recovery” click on “Settings”.
    • Under “System Failure” uncheck the option “Automatically Restart”.
    • Then click on “ok” and check whether the issue persist or not.

Also, I suggest you to check whether any task has been schedule for automatic restart as below.

• In the search box type as “Task Scheduler”.
    • Under “Task Scheduler summary” you can find any task has been created or not.
    • If any task has been created then I suggest you to remove it and check if the issue persist or not.

To determine what is causing the issue, I suggest you to check the event logs in the event viewer logs to know more about the issue.

Try the following steps to access Event Viewer:

• Press 'Windows key + R' simultaneously on your keyboard to bring the run dialog box.
    • Type ‘eventvwr’ (without quotes) and press ‘OK’.
    • Expand ‘Windows Logs’ on the left pane and look for the error logs under Application and System.
    • Copy the information and post it here so that we can analyze it.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows set up prompts after logging in post unexpected shut down.

1. Windows set up prompts after logging in post unexpected shut down. - Similar Threads - set prompts logging

2. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  3. Unexpected shut down

Unexpected shut down: Hey all, I've been getting unexpected shutdowns 2 days in a row now. I'm not sure what's causing it and The event viewer didn't help me too much. This is the log below. ANy assistance would be severely appreciated.- <Event...
  4. Unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected shut down: Hello Microsoft. Suddenly my laptop Surface Laptop 2 began to turn off without any reason. I tried to fix it but unfortunately, it happens again and again. I don't know what caused this problem. Baterry is full. But when I try to move my laptop 1 inch it directly turn off,...
  5. Unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected shut down: Hello Microsoft. Suddenly my laptop Surface Laptop 2 began to turn off without any reason. I tried to fix it but unfortunately, it happens again and again. I don't know what caused this problem. Baterry is full. But when I try to move my laptop 1 inch it directly turn off,...
  6. Shut down unexpectedly.

Shut down unexpectedly.: Please help.I don't know when was the first time this problem occur but here it is. The previous system shutdown at 11:22:44 PM on ‎30/‎3/‎2022 was unexpected.The previous system shutdown at 1:15:00 AM on ‎3/‎4/‎2022 was unexpected.The previous system shutdown at 2:17:00 AM...
  7. Shut Down Unexpectedly

Shut Down Unexpectedly: Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 154 Parameter 1: ffffa70188cf2000 Parameter 2: ffff89875ca7df30 Parameter 3: 2 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 14345 Extra information...
  8. Unexpected shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shut down: Since the last update in February my desktop does not shut down properly . When I first had the issue and used the troubleshooter it told me the sleep and monitor close was set too long . I had both set for "never ". I reset them for a hour . This desktop does not have a...
  9. Shut down Unexpectedly

Shut down Unexpectedly: When Streaming using Streamlabs OBS and gaming my desktop will just freeze and reboot, making streaming a pain in the **** and gaming harder when I lose progress. Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 133 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: 501 Parameter 3: 500 Parameter 4:...
  10. unexpected shut down

unexpected shut down: My windows getting shut down automatically within few seconds after i start the windows and there is no hardware problem in it .what to do with this problem please help me....