Windows 10: Windows settings altering ?

Discus and support Windows settings altering ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After update to version 120.2212.31.0 I noticed the Setting home screen had my account info,One Drive Status & last update all in the top row. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JPickett63, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Windows settings altering ?

After update to version 120.2212.31.0 I noticed the Setting home screen had my account info,One Drive Status & last update all in the top row. That night I reset my laptop & the next morning I went to check for updates & this was gone & Settings was back to original old screen no new top row It has since come & gone but no clear way to either make it permanent or remove it all together.

On a brighter note no change to File History's famous Element Not Found Error was noticed also.

:)

JPickett63, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows settings altering ?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows settings altering ?

1. Windows settings altering ? - Similar Threads - settings altering

2. Is it possible to disable the hideous Tablet-looking Settings windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to disable the hideous Tablet-looking Settings windows?: I hate when I click an icon in Control Panel and see those unsightly hideous windows, which are all that shows after I made the mistake to upgrade build H20 or something just today. Is there a way to disable these ugly windows I attached a picture with the ugly windows, the...
  3. Factory reset kept personalization settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset kept personalization settings: Hey, I recently factory reset my windows 10 pc because i had some trouble with malware in the past and was having several problems that I couldn't find anything about since. I figured that there was some damage to my os the malware caused, and resetting was the most definite...
  4. Is "Let's Finish Setting Up Your Device" going away

Is "Let's Finish Setting Up Your Device" going away: They can't be serious with this, I will never want any of the bloatware that they are advertising, nor do I want to give them more private and unnecessary information and now I'm being punished by restarting my computer and getting this advertisement. There has to be a way to...
  5. Setting up 2 audio sources from different outputs to play in surround

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up 2 audio sources from different outputs to play in surround: I have a soundbar that is connected via an optical cable, and a subwoofer that is connected via aux, and I want them to work in unison. Ive looked into doing this before but didn't really find anything, if someone could point me to the right menus or link a tutorial would be...
  6. Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.: Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-ssds-affected-by-turnoff-hard-disk-after/80c4e1ea-835a-4e5d-bfee-d357bf9a50c1
  7. in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is?

in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is?: Haw can I determine WIFI protocol on my Laptop. Dell Ispiron 15. Settings show unknown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-settings-my-wifi-protocol-show-unknown-how-can/32faf1b5-b835-45b5-9f91-4227a4b8d205
  8. Windows Account Won't Sync or Login Through Settings or Store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Account Won't Sync or Login Through Settings or Store: I just got my Asus Vivobook back from getting the hard drive replaced under warranty because it was faulty. I just finished setting up and installing Windows. However during install it wouldn't let me sync my microsoft account. I can log in through the web and OneDrive but it...
  9. Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings

Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings: Every Win10 feature update has changed screensaver settings: From: 3DText | Time | high large slow wobble To: 3DText | Windows 10 | all 4 settings changed If it were just one computer & 1 user it would not be an issue, but 5 computers with multiple users is an...
  10. WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled

WIN 10 SETTINGS - Unable to alter Settings even with Hidden Admin enabled: My computer had one user account with Admin rights. After a recent auto update I noticed, a) Starting getting "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay" b) I could get Windows Setting to load but am unable to change any setting. Thinking that my user account...