Windows 10: Windows settings altering ?

Discus and support Windows settings altering ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After update to version 120.2212.31.0 I noticed the Setting home screen had my account info,One Drive Status & last update all in the top row. That... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JPickett63, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Windows settings altering ?

After update to version 120.2212.31.0 I noticed the Setting home screen had my account info,One Drive Status & last update all in the top row. That night I reset my laptop & the next morning I went to check for updates & this was gone & Settings was back to original old screen no new top row It has since come & gone but no clear way to either make it permanent or remove it all together.

On a brighter note no change to File History's famous Element Not Found Error was noticed also.

:)

JPickett63, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows settings altering ?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows settings altering ?

1. Windows settings altering ? - Similar Threads - settings altering

2. Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying team member confirmed the bios settings and labeled the device 'no...
  3. Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying team member confirmed the bios settings and labeled the device 'no...
  4. Can windows 10 updates change/alter BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying technician confirmed the bios settings had not changed and labeled...
  6. Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?

Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?: We have a controlled environment in which all computers were deployed with the microphones and wifi disabled in the BIOS settings roughly 12 to 15 months ago. When these devices were deployed, the deploying technician confirmed the bios settings had not changed and labeled...
  7. Do windows updates in Windows 10 have the ability to change/alter the BIOS settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win11 Enterprise: Altering File Explorer Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Enterprise: Altering File Explorer Settings: Hail all:Note:I am looking to change the File Explorer towards the Win7/Win10 style.I am running ExplorerPatcher, alas, these specific settings do not appear in the program.I've been looking in Google for this, but Google, as always, gives me tonnes of half-to-non-related...
  9. Win11 Enterprise: Altering File Explorer Settings

Win11 Enterprise: Altering File Explorer Settings: Hail all:Note:I am looking to change the File Explorer towards the Win7/Win10 style.I am running ExplorerPatcher, alas, these specific settings do not appear in the program.I've been looking in Google for this, but Google, as always, gives me tonnes of half-to-non-related...
  10. Why does Microsoft believe that altering without notification settings it's users have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft believe that altering without notification settings it's users have...: Likely brought up and "answered" before, probably with obvious company-line bs - but why does Microsoft think that changing specific settings that were intentionally altered by it's users acceptable? The first and most egregious in my opinion was with Microsoft Update...