Windows 10: Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

Discus and support Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When going to Battery Settings via the battery icon in the taskbar or through the settings app itself, it starts to load the battery settings page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MazharChowdhury, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

When going to Battery Settings via the battery icon in the taskbar or through the settings app itself, it starts to load the battery settings page before abruptly closing the window. I updated my Windows today, though I can't confirm whether the problem occurred before the update or not. I've run windows update troubleshooter which came up with nothing.

:)

MazharChowdhury, Jun 12, 2020

2. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then,
    click on Disk Cleanup. After it finishes scanning the disk, simply close it and the Settings app does not crash any more. However, this workaround only works before I restart Windows next time.

By the way, when do you plan to fix the broken and buggy Task View animations? And please bring back the transitioning effect between the main Desktop screen and the Shutting down/Restarting screen.

johnwzr0113, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

1. Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section - Similar Threads - settings app crashes

2. Why does the settings app crash when i try to go to the power and battery section?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the settings app crash when i try to go to the power and battery section?: I have tried reseting my laptop, checking the driver for any updates or windows updates, and have re-register the settings app, but noting seems to work i went to event viewer and found a log of the error if anyone could tell me how to resolve this i would be very thankful...
  3. Why does the settings app crash when i try to go to the power and battery section?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the settings app crash when i try to go to the power and battery section?: I have tried reseting my laptop, checking the driver for any updates or windows updates, and have re-register the settings app, but noting seems to work i went to event viewer and found a log of the error if anyone could tell me how to resolve this i would be very thankful...
  4. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  5. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  6. My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.: When entering settings and clicking on power & battery, my settings crash entirely. This problem have been for months but it still does not solve . I does not know what update exactly causing this problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated....
  7. My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.: When entering settings and clicking on power & battery, my settings crash entirely. This problem have been for months but it still does not solve . I does not know what update exactly causing this problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated....
  8. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section: To whom may concern:While in the settings app I try to access the apps section so I can move my apps on another drive. When I do get to the apps section on it's first page it crashes.I tried SFC and DISM: FailedI tried PowerShell: FailedAny fixes?Bobby Burgess...
  9. Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section

Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section: This is my new laptop HP Pavilion 15 dk-0050tx. From the very first day i am seeing that many times windows update section does not show all the options as it should. Screenshot attached. Sometimes it does show all the options. And in both condition if i click on any of the...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...