Windows 10: Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive

Discus and support Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have subscribed to Game pass for PC and I am trying to move the install location from C to D drive, The Xbox app and the file explorer are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LastFox1, Dec 2, 2021.

1. LastFox1 Win User

Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive

Hi, I have subscribed to Game pass for PC and I am trying to move the install location from C to D drive, The Xbox app and the file explorer are recognizing my second drive and I can change the install location from Xbox app settings but for some reason when I try to install a game I can't see my second drive from the drop-down menu, I tried to change the install location from the settings app but it doesn't show it from the drop-down menu.I am using Windows 11 Could anyone help me?

:)

LastFox1, Dec 2, 2021

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 2, 2021
  3. GKing Win User
    Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive

1. Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive - Similar Threads - Settings app isn't

2. Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings app isn't recognizing my second drive: Hi, I have subscribed to Game pass for PC and I am trying to move the install location from C to D drive, The Xbox app and the file explorer are recognizing my second drive and I can change the install location from Xbox app settings but for some reason when I try to install...
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not recognize second hard drive: Although the BIOs sees both the SSD card, which is my boot drive, and a 1TB SATA drive, Windows fails to show in the Explorer. The SSD is a Samsung 970 EVO 500GB drive which replaced the original SATA installed on this Dell XPS 8930.What am I missing?Tom...
  5. My second hard drive isn't showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second hard drive isn't showing: Can someone tell me why it isn't showing? submitted by /u/TheImposterSpy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmws1o/my_second_hard_drive_isnt_showing/
  6. Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.

Windows 10 isn't recognizing my dvd/cd drive.: I have a Lenovo 420s 2nd gen with Windows 10 enterprise and I cant get it to recognize my dvd/cd reader writer, either the one installed or external. I've had no luck changing this. Any ideas?...
  7. Second hard drive not recognized

Second hard drive not recognized: Hi, I bought an additional used 2.5" HDD (1TB Toshiba MQ02ABF100) for my desktop which has an ASUS Motherboard ROG Strix B350-I Gaming. Since I already had an external 2.5" drive (512gb Western Digital WD5000BEVT) in a USB caddy, before installing the 1TB in my desktop, I...
  8. Windows 10 doesn’t recognize my second drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn’t recognize my second drive: I have a Seagate Xbox One 4 Terabyte External Hard Drive, which I reformatted for Windows 10/PC in Disk Manager, but the rest of the system doesn’t recognize it (Steam, Files, etc) Why is this and how do I fix it? Just to be clear, Disk Management recognizes the drive but...
  9. Disk drive isn't recognized

Disk drive isn't recognized: Hello. I am trying to use an external hard drive to free up some space on my computer. However, when I plugged it in via USB, there was no pop up window, and I could not find it in the documents. I am using a windows 10 laptop and a SP Silicon power drive. I read other...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...