Windows 10: windows settings app won't stay open

Discus and support windows settings app won't stay open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frankhynes1, Mar 14, 2020.

1. windows settings app won't stay open

hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix?

:)

frankhynes1, Mar 14, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Mar 14, 2020
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 14, 2020
  4. windows settings app won't stay open

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

windows settings app won't stay open

1. windows settings app won't stay open - Similar Threads - settings app won't

2. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  3. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  4. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...
  5. Settings app won't open on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app won't open on Windows 11?: Just as the title says, my settings app will not open no matter how long i wait or what i do. The 'app settings' won't work either. I ran the windows virus program and nothing was wrong and the rest of my laptop is functioning fine, so how do i fix this?...
  6. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN: Good morning - my Windows 10 on my desktop PC opens momentarily & then disappears from the screen so quickly that I can't use it, nor can I check for updates. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks, Geoff Walker...
  7. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  8. Settings app won't open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app won't open.: I tried to access windows settings yesterday on my laptop running 2004 update. And nothing happens. No indication that something is running in background or anything. Click the icon and nothing. Googled, could not find a single working solution. Apart from repair using...
  9. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  10. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...