Windows 10: Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

Discus and support Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I try to open settings app it crashes. I also try windows key +i, when I use right-click on the desktop and chose Display setting or Personalize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MAHFOUD BOUABDALLAH, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

when I try to open settings app it crashes.

I also try windows key +i, when I use right-click on the desktop and chose Display setting or Personalize I get this error Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically 5b275da4-c652-4b8d-a6d1-8a7c2e2958b1?upload=true.png

other apps like Store, Mail, Photo, Stick Notes works fine.

I try this solution but did not work for me

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    powershell
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I am using

Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically 9c0744b5-04bb-478f-8baa-6289a18025ae?upload=true.png

:)

MAHFOUD BOUABDALLAH, Nov 8, 2018
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Applications closes immediately while trying to open in Windows 10

Hello,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing application in Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to open an application in Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined to any specific application on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to access your device?

If you are facing this issues with Windows Store apps, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

1. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically - Similar Threads - settings application closes

2. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  3. store closes automatically after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    store closes automatically after opening: For some reason my microsoft store close automatically after opening. I can't play my games which requires opening the store since it close itself automatically. Any fix?...
  4. store closes automatically after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    store closes automatically after opening: For some reason my microsoft store close automatically after opening. I can't play my games which requires opening the store since it close itself automatically. Any fix?...
  5. store closes automatically after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  7. Applications closes automatically after few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications closes automatically after few seconds: I have a problem that closes applications automatically and I have tried everything but nothing works I've tried this but it didn't work. Anybody else have this issue and how can I resolve this? I can't even factory reset my PC because the reset window will close itself...
  8. Windows automatically close settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows automatically close settings: I just turn on the Stream HDR in Windows HD Colours<System<Settings and when I decided to do more changes about the HD colours, the windows automatically closed the settings. Does anyone know how to fix that? Thanks....
  9. Applications Close Right After Opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications Close Right After Opening: When ever I open certain programs they close immediately after opening or shortly there after. When I run Google Chrome it opens and within the next 10 seconds closes. I open command prompt and it does the same thing. Same thing when I try to run minecraft. On Day 1 I...
  10. Automatic Closing of Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Closing of Settings: I have a new Windows 10 Laptop. I am not the administrator so I use a local account. Every time I go into the settings to try to do something there is a period of about 10 to 15 seconds and then the app automatically closes. I had previously researched what to do, but I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows settings closes automatically

2. windows settings closes automatically 2019

3. settings windows closing automatically

4. windows is automatically closing when opened,
  5. application closes when attempting to scan in xojo,
  6. server 2016 settings closes after opening,
  7. application automatically closes,
  8. windows 10 settings closes after 13 seconds,
  9. microsoft settings closes after opening,
  10. Windows Server 2016 settings closes after opening