Windows 10: Windows Settings aren't working

Discus and support Windows Settings aren't working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there everyone, I installed Windows 10 / 1803 using a WDS Server Image. The Image was customized using a tutorial on TenForums. Also an answer file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by emmapeel6490, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Windows Settings aren't working

Hi there everyone,
    I installed Windows 10 / 1803 using a WDS Server Image. The Image was customized using a tutorial on TenForums. Also an answer file was used thanks to a Tutorial from TenForums. So far so Good installation ran smoothly. No to my problem: I created 2 admin accounts call the user1 & user2 and activated the built-in-Administrator account in the answer file. I logged in to the first account, checked for settings an adapted a few windows settings (Startmenü, Language settings etc. using Powershell-Script) and logged in to the second account and did the same. In the mean time updates were installed, HP Softpaq Manager was running.
    Now when I logged in to the 3 account the Windows Settings didn't open properly and the Browser didn't open either.
    I searched for hours an none of the solutions worked so far. I can open control panel, registry, explorer but not the settings and the browsers.
    When I log in to one of the other accounts they work perfectly..... .
    The order I logged in: 1. user1, Administrator, user2. Has anyone an idea??? Thank you very much

:)

emmapeel6490, Feb 6, 2019
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Windows Settings aren't working [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows Settings aren't working

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows Settings aren't working

1. Windows Settings aren't working - Similar Threads - Settings aren't working

2. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.: Ever since I clean installed windows 10 from windows 11, ive been getting this problem where I cannot use the search bar or settings, it instantly closes itself after being opened, I searched around and found something about firewall not working properly and that's when I...
  3. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.: Ever since I clean installed windows 10 from windows 11, ive been getting this problem where I cannot use the search bar or settings, it instantly closes itself after being opened, I searched around and found something about firewall not working properly and that's when I...
  4. Firewall, Search bar and Settings aren't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working: My start button, search bar, settings are all broke, I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system point restoreI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings windows 10 - Microsoft...
  6. Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working

in Cortana
    Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working: My start button, search bar, settings are all broke, I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system point restoreI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings windows 10 - Microsoft...
  7. Start Button, Search Bar, Network settings, Settings aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. key's aren't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  9. Windows Settings aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Settings aren't working: Hi there everyone, I installed Windows 10 / 1803 using a WDS Server Image. The Image was customized using a tutorial on TenForums. Also an answer file was used thanks to a Tutorial from TenForums. So far so Good installation ran smoothly. No to my problem: I created 2 admin...
  10. WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi settings vanished and Microsoft apps aren't working.: Hello there! The problem I have was around for some time but now it's really starting to bug me. So basically, the WiFi settings from my laptop have completely vanished and now it's replaced with 'Networks' in the notification center however, it doesn't detect anything and...