Windows 10: Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes

Discus and support Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I need to access the "Background apps" settings : [ATTACH] But it instantly crashes when I try to access this section. I tried a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tom_Leb, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Tom_Leb Win User

Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes

Hello,

I need to access the "Background apps" settings :

Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes eb2e6eac-772c-4db1-bddb-a1c9fd5c3510?upload=true.png

But it instantly crashes when I try to access this section.

I tried a few things to solve this issue but nothing works and I can't find any solution on Internet (my Windows is up to date).

Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

Tom_Leb, Dec 6, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 6, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes - Similar Threads - settings Background apps

2. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  3. Background Apps crashing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Apps crashing in Windows 11: I recently upgraded my windows to windows 11 and since then while multitasking my background apps would sometimes crash and then restart. During this time, Alt + Tab wont work, taskbar would disappear and after some time everything would become normal again. I don't know what...
  4. Background Apps crashing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Apps crashing in Windows 11: I recently upgraded my windows to windows 11 and since then while multitasking my background apps would sometimes crash and then restart. During this time, Alt + Tab wont work, taskbar would disappear and after some time everything would become normal again. I don't know what...
  5. Settings App Crashed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App Crashed: Hi! I just recently installed a new font through settings app in Windows 10. The installation is successfull. But, when I uninstalled the font. The settings app is not responding and crashed. I will attach the screenshot of the detail in Reliability History. [ATTACH]...
  6. No Background apps in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Background apps in settings: [ATTACH] I'm trying to disable an app from running in the background, but there's nothing there. Can anyone help me? https://preview.redd.it/xz519y2b37861.png?width=1571&format=png&auto=webp&s=c7f9a2e536574f0032fbb227a1574e4cc2f7fffd submitted by /u/minytrolly...
  7. What is Background app setting on privacy setting?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Background app setting on privacy setting?: Hi Sirs, may I check what is the background app setting for on privacy setting? What does it benefit? Can it spoil the laptops or computers, if I turn each of them off?...
  8. Settings app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the update. Current Windows version : 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/981c8048-feea-4ea0-930c-521378fbe60a
  9. Settings/Privacy/Background Apps always crashes when selected

Settings/Privacy/Background Apps always crashes when selected: Was trying to get Your Phone working on Desktop machine (AMD-64, Insider slow May 1903 updated today). It all works fine on my SPro4 (same version of windows). Following advice on windows site to check settings in Privacy/Background Apps only results in repeated crashes of...
  10. Background app settings changing automatically.

Background app settings changing automatically.: Hi, when I change background app settings to "off", it changes automatically to "on" after next reboot. This uses more battery and data in background. What's the solution?[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. background app crashes windows 10

2. background apps settings crashes