Windows 10: Windows settings crashes on startup.

Discus and support Windows settings crashes on startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows settings crashes on startup. everything else seems to work but I can't access anything in windows settings. I've tried everything. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ReeniePie, Jan 10, 2022.

1. ReeniePie Win User

Windows settings crashes on startup.

My windows settings crashes on startup. everything else seems to work but I can't access anything in windows settings. I've tried everything. I've tried restoring the system from a restore point, reinstalling the app with Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocationAppXManifest.xml”}. This doesn't work ind the command prompt at all and just gives me loads of can't find path errors in powershell. All the other "solutions" require the settings app to fix and and the whole problem is that I don't have that. I only have one user and can't mak

:)

ReeniePie, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 10, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 10, 2022
  4. Windows settings crashes on startup.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows settings crashes on startup.

1. Windows settings crashes on startup. - Similar Threads - settings crashes startup

2. Windows crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes on startup: Hello, I have windows 10 installed and it kept crashing on startup on a never ending loop where it attempts to restart and crashes immediately. Sometimes it starts up fine but has been getting worse over time. I did a complete clean install and the problem still came back. I...
  3. Windows crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes on startup: Hello, I have windows 10 installed and it kept crashing on startup on a never ending loop where it attempts to restart and crashes immediately. Sometimes it starts up fine but has been getting worse over time. I did a complete clean install and the problem still came back. I...
  4. Windows crashes on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.: My settings app will open for a few seconds and then close. I cannot click anything while it is open. It shows in the upper left the option to sign in, while I am already signed into my Microsoft account verified by opening Word/Excel and checking the user. If I go to the...
  6. Windows settings crashes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows settings crashes on startup.: My windows settings crashes on startup. everything else seems to work but I can't access anything in windows settings. I've tried everything. I've tried restoring the system from a restore point, reinstalling the app with Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  7. Windows settings crashes on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings crashes on startup.: My windows settings crashes on startup. everything else seems to work but I can't access anything in windows settings. I've tried everything. I've tried restoring the system from a restore point, reinstalling the app with Get-AppXPackage Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  8. Windows crashes at startup.

Windows crashes at startup.: Hi, I started a lite program and it crashed my pc. And now I'm not able to boot up my pc anymore expect in safe mode It gave me the following stop codes: - KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDELD 2x - SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION 5x - CACHE MANAGER 1x I also recently posted another...
  9. startup crash

startup crash: Hello, i have reinstalled windows 10 yesterday and everything fine, Today also everything works fine I reboot the pc and suddenly i got crash now everytime i start my pc i get crash also safe mode when i try start it i get crash, Maybe the reason Windows Update idk...
  10. Startup crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup crash: Dear community, as a programmer, previously I have solved all my computer problems by seeking through Google, but this problem got over me, so I'm hoping a little guidance or help from you. The general problem is really wide, my PC freezes on random startups. However......