Windows 10: Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option

Discus and support Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KillerKattapa [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KillerKattapa, May 19, 2023.

1. Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option

/u/KillerKattapa, May 19, 2023

2. Video playback

Hi fleety91,

Please run the Video Playback troubleshooter and see if the issue will persist. To run the troubleshooter, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows and I keys to open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Under Find and fix other problems, look for Video Playback
      and click on it.
    5. Click Run the troubleshooter.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Gerald Vit, May 19, 2023
  3. Playback video problems

Hi Rod,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the videos on Windows Media Player. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the playback videos?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below troubleshooters and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Follow the same to Windows Media Player Settings as well.

Also, refer to the Microsoft article to know more about:
    Windows Media Player

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2023
  4. Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option

window 10 video playback trouble

Hi David,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need whether you play the video from the website/Movies and TV app?

I suggest you to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and devices under
      Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Video playback under Windows.

• Click on Advanced on the Video playback dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Video playback troubleshooter.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option

1. Windows settings crashes when opening video playback option - Similar Threads - settings crashes opening

2. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen crash when opening a video: Hi! My computer crashes everytime i start a video. On the Bluescreen i get different stopcodes but the same error everytime athuw8x.sys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-crash-when-opening-a-video/4da60e92-c92c-426e-bd4a-c9dab63d1b0a
  3. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen crash when opening a video: Hi! My computer crashes everytime i start a video. On the Bluescreen i get different stopcodes but the same error everytime athuw8x.sys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-crash-when-opening-a-video/4da60e92-c92c-426e-bd4a-c9dab63d1b0a
  4. Bluescreen crash when opening a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No "Audio Playback setting" options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "Audio Playback setting" options.: I am trying to use my computer and my PS4 with a Video Capture Card Device for streaming, but everybody that I have seen setting it up they have a "Audio playback device" option when they right click the small speaker on the lower right corner. The same thing with "Audio...
  6. Video Playback Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Video Playback Settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 offers native support for UWP and third-party apps, for example, Hulu, Netflix, and Vudu, to utilize the video platform that’s built into Windows. With the available Video Playback Settings, Windows 10 users can configure how streaming content will be...
  7. Video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback: Hi, my laptop recently crashed whilst playing video and now most of the time when playing video, be it using Google Chrome, Windows media player or even the video in the video playback settings, the red and green will be desaturated leaving mostly just the blue, dose not...
  8. Videos playback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos playback: Since a couple of days ago I cannot play videos properly (on line, or from my own files on the computer). I posted this in a Chrome Forum, it explains my problem: For me, this just started recently (a few days ago) and it does not affect all videos, just some seemingly at...
  9. No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI option in Playback, video works fine: I decided today to try using my flat screen as a second monitor to do video tutorials on. I plugged in the HDMI and the video part works perfectly. But there is no sound. There is no option for HDMI in the playback panel (I made sure disconnect devices show was clicked. I...
  10. Change Video Playback Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Video Playback Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Video Playback Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Video Playback Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, new video playback settings have been added. Microsoft also added some battery settings for you to decide whether you would...