Windows 10: Windows Settings crashes

Discus and support Windows Settings crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im from Mexico but right now Im in germany for studies, so I got this new laptop, everything worked great for the first 4 hours or so, suddenly I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RubénMartínez_111, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows Settings crashes

Im from Mexico but right now Im in germany for studies, so I got this new laptop, everything worked great for the first 4 hours or so, suddenly I noticed that my wallpaper was glitched, I tried checking the settings but realized they wouldnt open. Since Ive tried several solutions that I saw online including, windows update troubleshooter, creating a new user and attempting to open settings from that user, sfc /scannow, etc. Nothing worked, so I gave up and tried to reinstall windows from recovery mode... didnt work. Now Im stuck with a computer in german, without the ability to update windows, etc.

:)

RubénMartínez_111, Mar 25, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 25, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows Settings crashes

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Settings crashes

1. Windows Settings crashes - Similar Threads - Settings crashes

2. Settings, Cortana and Notifications CRASHES

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings, Cortana and Notifications CRASHES: Hi guys! I just bought a new Acer Aspire 5 with W10 preinstalled, and in my first day of ownership it's giving me a heap of problems. The "Settings" just crashes. The blue page opens for like 3 sec then closes automatically. Cortana is unusable and the notifications I can't...
  3. Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 ReINSTALL problems after a crash and no more able to boot even with F2 Set-Up.: On a Acer Aspire 5749Z with Windows 10 updated from Windows 7 some years ago, recently I have problems with Windows update not completed. So, I decide to try to repair my Windows update with a software that only use Windows Updates. Unfortunately and disastreouly, after 9 to...
  4. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...
  5. So I've encountered the windows 10 settings app keeps crashing, I've tried so much of the...

So I've encountered the windows 10 settings app keeps crashing, I've tried so much of the...: submitted by /u/Zachy-san [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkua33/so_ive_encountered_the_windows_10_settings_app/
  6. Windows 10 Settings App and Features Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings App and Features Crashes: Every time I try and open the apps and features section of the settings window, the whole window crashes. I can click anywhere else in settings and it works perfectly fine. I have troubleshooted windows update and have installed the latest update but it did not fix the...
  7. The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section: The windows settings app crashes every-time I hit advance settings in the update section. Also, when I click on check of updates it keeps searching in an infinite loop. I am currently running windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.535....
  8. The search bar, and windows 10 settings are both crashing on my system, and when I reboot...

The search bar, and windows 10 settings are both crashing on my system, and when I reboot...: I don't know what to do at this point. i tried running SFC in the command line (as an admin), but I only get "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." I'm unable to uninstall updates, or install new updates, due to settings not running. submitted by...
  9. Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.

Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.: [ATTACH] I was using my microphone on my razer headset a few days ago, until I come back, and it had just stopped working. The headset works fine, but the mic does not seem to be recording any sound. I have already checked the sound control panel and everything is selected...
  10. System Settings App Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Settings App Crashes: Hi all! I recently purchased a monitor for my laptop. I went through the connection process without issue. The resolution was off so I opened System Settings Display to adjust. As I'm in the process of making those changes, the display screen crashed and closed on its own....