Windows 10: Windows settings freeze

Discus and support Windows settings freeze in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I open my settings on my surface pro 7 and click on the system updates section, the entire settings application freezes. Other parts of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by notmy_url, Jul 23, 2020.

1. notmy_url Win User

Windows settings freeze

Every time I open my settings on my surface pro 7 and click on the system updates section, the entire settings application freezes. Other parts of the settings work normally. I have tried a full reboot with no success.

:)

notmy_url, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 30, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows settings freeze

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows settings freeze

1. Windows settings freeze - Similar Threads - settings freeze

2. How do I fix my settings freezing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my settings freezing up: I have an issue with my system settings freezing up, so basically whenever I try to for example change my brightness or turn bluetooth on or turn the night light on or try to cast my device I can't because when i try to open settings they just freeze up or if I use the...
  3. How do I fix my settings freezing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my settings freezing up: I have an issue with my system settings freezing up, so basically whenever I try to for example change my brightness or turn bluetooth on or turn the night light on or try to cast my device I can't because when i try to open settings they just freeze up or if I use the...
  4. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%: Hi guys, as the title, my laptop freeze randomly and stop working I must force shutdown and reset the laptop whenever I set Maximum Processcor State at 100%If I set it down to 99%, my laptop works well but the performance is downed significantly.For example: - When I set it...
  5. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%: Hi guys, as the title, my laptop freeze randomly and stop working I must force shutdown and reset the laptop whenever I set Maximum Processcor State at 100%If I set it down to 99%, my laptop works well but the performance is downed significantly.For example: - When I set it...
  6. My laptop freeze randomly when I set Maximum Processor State at 100%

7. Windows 11 Pc keeps on freezing only on the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pc keeps on freezing only on the settings.: everything else runs smoothly. When I try to connect a Bluetooth device or try to connect to a new WIFI, or try to put on Night mode. My laptop only freezes when i use my settings. But i can still click off the tab and it runs like nothing is wrong, Iv tried waiting it out....
  8. Windows 11 Pc keeps on freezing only on the settings.

Windows 11 Pc keeps on freezing only on the settings.: everything else runs smoothly. When I try to connect a Bluetooth device or try to connect to a new WIFI, or try to put on Night mode. My laptop only freezes when i use my settings. But i can still click off the tab and it runs like nothing is wrong, Iv tried waiting it out....
  9. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: Randomly, mouse doesn't move and keyboard input does not do anythingThey respond again after i open Bluetooth settings in Windows 10 ****?I have tried to update to Lenovos latest Bluetooth driver for IntelR Wireless BluetoothR - no improvement. I have also tried to download a...
  10. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: Randomly, mouse doesn't move and keyboard input does not do anythingThey respond again after i open Bluetooth settings in Windows 10 ****?I have tried to update to Lenovos latest Bluetooth driver for IntelR Wireless BluetoothR - no improvement. I have also tried to download a...