Windows 10: Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?

Discus and support Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone I hope everything is okay with you, My problem is with Personalization of windows 10 After installing windows 10 I recognized that some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FadyFadl, May 18, 2019.

1. FadyFadl Win User

Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?

Hi everyone I hope everything is okay with you,

My problem is with Personalization of windows 10

After installing windows 10 I recognized that some settings icons of windows applications or also windows menu or
    notifications turn to white or black square (according to my theme ).

As you can see in my attached files night light icon, network, screen snip and nearby sharing icons have changed to square although they were okay after immediately installing of windows, and they changed after I start to use windows.

I could not remember what happened exactly, to decide that after it the icons changed, but every time I install windows this happened to me.

I am using HP ProBook 450 g2

Windows 10 Enterprise N 1903

thank you

Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it? 111011b0-9b19-4f61-841d-12a4206facde?upload=true.jpg

Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it? bcebeb7c-2e16-43c4-8369-faf0e6ffd3b7?upload=true.png

:)

FadyFadl, May 18, 2019
  2. Zekeman Win User

Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer

Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it? [​IMG]

I'm getting a black square in windows explorer... I however know why it is like that just don't know a real fix for it.

I have an UHD Monitor on my Laptop with Resolution of 3840x2160, so most things are small... I changed the custom scaling to 250% which makes everything much better for my needs... but causes this problem.

If I scale down to 200% which is smaller than I'd like it goes away, if I go to 300% it is then to big but also some icon graphics goes missing and clearing the icon cache doesn't help, but it does fix the black square... so 225-250% range it causes this black icon.. anybody know of a way to fix this correctly without changing the custom icon sizes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Zekeman, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, May 18, 2019
  4. tehfusion Win User

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor.

Realmware BF4 Settings Editor 0.91

We have just released a hotfix for the preview version of our BF4 Settings Editor. As said in the posts above, DICE silently released a patch for the Battlefield 4 Beta, which changed the location of the settings files, breaking BF4 Settings Editor in the process. This hotfix resolves the issue, while also including a few other fixes and improvements. Be sure to update to the latest version!

Here is the full list of changes for this version.

Features:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Fixes:

• DICE silently released a patch which changed the location of the Battlefield 4 Beta settings files. BF4 Settings Editor now looks for the settings in the new location.
    • Fixed a bug where changing the system tray icon options would not properly update the icon's visibility.
    Improvements:

• Added a tooltip to the system tray icon.
    • Improved the tooltip for the horizontal field of view setting.
    • Improved the tooltip for the stereo mode setting.

tehfusion, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - settings icons turns

2. my windows settings icon turn into squre how to fix the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows settings icon turn into squre how to fix the problem: how to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-settings-icon-turn-into-squre-how-to/cc865d4e-80cf-46f1-9dea-5380898c20fa
  3. my windows settings icon turn into squre how to fix the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows settings icon turn into squre how to fix the problem: how to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-settings-icon-turn-into-squre-how-to/cc865d4e-80cf-46f1-9dea-5380898c20fa
  4. Circle shape icons turned into square ones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Circle shape icons turned into square ones: The icons in some programms have turned square instead or circle I have no Driver Roll Back option, same problem with powerpoint icons. Any idea how to fix it?...
  5. How can i fix this icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i fix this icon: Can somebody know how to fix this icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-icon/a3da9979-9e39-46c9-a3fc-94dad21ebc36
  6. PDF icons on desktop turn into black squares

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF icons on desktop turn into black squares: Hi all. My Windows 10 Pro x64 computer (v. 10.0.19042, Build 19042) has developed an odd problem. The desktop icon for PDF files (a wallpaper image of the first page of the file), turns to black after a period of time. If I right-click on the desktop, select "Display...
  7. Square missing icons, how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Square missing icons, how to fix it?: Hello delete icon cache, delete font cache, SFC, DISM didn't work. Segoe Symbols replaced and it doesn't work either. It's not first time, when Windows 10 show's this idiot square, on another computer I had a similar problem with the logout icon in start :/ [img] 150424
  8. How to fix the icons in setting?

How to fix the icons in setting?: Oneday I have no idea how the icons in setting turned into squires like in the picture. Not all of them, but some. I wonder how to fix them. Which file or files were broken? [ATTACH]...
  9. How to fix icons in windows quick actions and settings in Windows 10 that change like square?

How to fix icons in windows quick actions and settings in Windows 10 that change like square?: please help, my icon is wrong [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-icons-in-windows-quick-actions-and/d06ad49d-e90b-4a32-b76b-dbba8041c9e8
  10. Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares: Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares. I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon and thumbnail caches, rebooted and still have the same. Before the update they were fine and...