Windows 10: Windows Settings Missing And Can't Open Windows Menu

Discus and support Windows Settings Missing And Can't Open Windows Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have never had this issue before and I cannot find a fix to it. So, this started happening after the most recent windows update and no clue what to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SwiizyyHD, Sep 22, 2020.

1. SwiizyyHD Win User

Windows Settings Missing And Can't Open Windows Menu

I have never had this issue before and I cannot find a fix to it.

So, this started happening after the most recent windows update and no clue what to do. I can't access the windows settings or menu at bottom left or anything. When I try to open up settings through run I get an error that says "C:\WINDOWS\system32\settings The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. I also tried doing something and don't remember the exact error but I remember it saying that cdp.dll is missing so I went to go check and it wasn't there. Not sure what cdp.dll is but it's missing. If you guys know a solution please let me know!

:)

SwiizyyHD, Sep 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Windows Settings Missing And Can't Open Windows Menu - Similar Threads - Settings Missing Can't

2. Windows Security Was Missing. The menu can't be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Was Missing. The menu can't be found: My Windows Security setting was missing. When I open the menu it's blank. Here is the screenshotEven the folder for windows security was missing tooAny help for this?...
  3. Windows Security Was Missing. The menu can't be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Was Missing. The menu can't be found: My Windows Security setting was missing. When I open the menu it's blank. Here is the screenshotEven the folder for windows security was missing tooAny help for this?...
  4. Windows Security Was Missing. The menu can't be found

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Search, Windows menu not opening, settings app not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search, Windows menu not opening, settings app not opening: settings app showing error : classs not registered pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-windows-menu-not-opening-settings-app-not/a335be96-16b5-422a-aad6-242bf5111e91
  6. setting menu not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting menu not opening: after latest update setting menu not responding why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-menu-not-opening/cf745f34-3186-4f19-af5b-b584a3f45498
  7. Can't open windows startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open windows startup menu: So i just installed the latest windows update, and now the startup menu doesn't work. What is wrong with it? i tried to check if there were corrupted data via powershell, and it told me everything was ok... some help would be appreciated, thanks...
  8. Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything: When I started my PC today I couldn't use the start menu and the toolbar wouldn't disappear in full screen videos also i tried to open settings it say that the settings don't exsist I have tried all the solutions I could find including on other discussion so what should I...
  9. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...