Windows 10: Windows Settings not functioning

Discus and support Windows Settings not functioning in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to use Windows Settings. Whenever I try to open any applet within Settings, it stays on the home screen, and doesn't do anything. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vish_r, May 21, 2019.

1. vish_r Win User

Windows Settings not functioning

I am unable to use Windows Settings. Whenever I try to open any applet within Settings, it stays on the home screen, and doesn't do anything. On the home screen, there is nothing present except a search bar, and the menu bar as shown below:

Windows Settings not functioning bd8eb068-b3d3-4b3b-b54b-11bda4b883b2?upload=true.png I've tried doing an SFC scan, a DISM scan, and a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 iso. I am running version 18895 of the Windows Insider Fast Ring. Can anyone help me out?

Thank you

:)

vish_r, May 21, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 21, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 21, 2019
  4. Windows Settings not functioning

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Settings not functioning

1. Windows Settings not functioning - Similar Threads - Settings functioning

2. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings: turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both regular user and Admin without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to...
  3. Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Copilot and AI/Chat functions and save to personal profile/settings: turn off Copilot and all AI/Chat settings and save it to my profile/settings. Tried to utilize the instruction going through the Terminal route both regular user and Admin without any success at all. Have also gone through the Settings/More menu on the horizontal 3 bars to...
  4. Which Windows 11 settings and functions affect system power/cooling profiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Windows 11 settings and functions affect system power/cooling profiles?: Problem: I am having a problem with my Lenovo Laptop workstation's performance and fan speed. It appears that my fans no longer spin up to throttle or operate in performance mode. The laptop is not overheating, but seems to be stuck in a low-power or lap operating mode. My...
  5. Which Windows 11 settings and functions affect system power/cooling profiles?

Which Windows 11 settings and functions affect system power/cooling profiles?: Problem: I am having a problem with my Lenovo Laptop workstation's performance and fan speed. It appears that my fans no longer spin up to throttle or operate in performance mode. The laptop is not overheating, but seems to be stuck in a low-power or lap operating mode. My...
  6. Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings: After changing the DCOM default Authentication Level in Component Services from 'Connect' to 'None' and restarting the device, the Search function no longer works. Typing in the search bar, pressing Win+S or typing anything with the start menu open does not give any...
  7. Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings

Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings: After changing the DCOM default Authentication Level in Component Services from 'Connect' to 'None' and restarting the device, the Search function no longer works. Typing in the search bar, pressing Win+S or typing anything with the start menu open does not give any...
  8. Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar not working, settings not working, can't use Windows functions.

Windows 10 Taskbar not working, settings not working, can't use Windows functions.: Windows 10 Taskbar not working, settings not working, can't use - Microsoft Communitynothing from this thread helped, I have the same issue. I cant open anything as a admin....
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar not working, settings not working, can't use Windows functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar not working, settings not working, can't use Windows functions.: Windows 10 Taskbar not working, settings not working, can't use - Microsoft Communitynothing from this thread helped, I have the same issue. I cant open anything as a admin....