Windows 10: Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update)

Discus and support Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Setting will not open after I completed the latest Windows 10 update. How can this be repaired?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JH_user, Dec 30, 2018.

1. JH_user Win User

Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update)

Windows Setting will not open after I completed the latest Windows 10 update.

How can this be repaired?

:)

JH_user, Dec 30, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Dan K Win User
    Edge browser stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)

Enabling the TCP/IPv6 on the adapter card fixed the issue for me. I did not have it enabled because my IP service provider does not use IPv6 and I had it disabled and Edge worked in that config until I updated to Windows 10 version 1809 in October. Spent several hours trying different suggestions that did not help. This fix took me 20 seconds to implement and get Edge connected to the internet.

Dan K, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update)

Fall October Feature update 1809

Hi,

you can use Windows Update Assistant, that will update your System to the last Release, which is October Update Windows 1809. You can get Update Assistant here :
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

Just download and run it. Then follow on sceen instructions.

In Automatic Updates it will come as soon as possible, but not all the devices receive the update at the same time, obviously. I suggest you to use Windows Update Assistant and get Windows 1809 manually.

P.s: Please, if the answer resolve your issue, click on Yes. Thanks.

StefanoTamiotti, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update)

1. Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update) - Similar Threads - Settings opening update

2. Windows not Activated after the 1809 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows not Activated after the 1809 October 2018 Update: This is the second time I'm facing this issue. Two days ago I tried to update to the latest version hoping to see some new features. 1 minute later I got a message saying my windows is not activated. I tried using the troubleshoot option since I have the digital license. It...
  3. Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update: Hi, First of all, Happy New Year everyone. I run Windows 10 64-bit version 1809 and my Settings only open in one way, namely when I click on the little speech balloon on the bottom right and select "Settings" there. Clicking on Settings from the Start Menu or even the...
  4. Random BSOD After October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  5. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.: So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display...
  6. Notifications not working after the October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications not working after the October update 1809: I updated all my devices to the newest windows 10 build 1809. On both surface 3 and laptop Lenovo G580 I experience a problem with not working windows notifications. The notifications icon in the Windows 10 task bar tells me I have new notifications, but when I click on it, I...
  7. Can't open Settings after installing The October Update

Can't open Settings after installing The October Update: Uploaded The October Update 1809. Pressed on the Reset button(which is near the Power button). The Update was installed, but The Settings are broken. It starts & crashes without any message. Also The Notification bar buttons aren't clickable....
  8. Can't open Settings after installing The October Update

Can't open Settings after installing The October Update: Uploaded The October Update 1809. Pressed on the Reset button(which is near the Power button). The Update was installed, but The Settings are broken. It starts & crashes without any message. Also The Notification bar buttons aren't clickable....
  9. Windows 10 Update 1809 (October Update) Settings not opening

Windows 10 Update 1809 (October Update) Settings not opening: Hi community! Yesterday, I'm updated my Windows to 1809 version. After update, everything works fine, except setting. I mean, it's turning on, but closes. When I right click on desktop and click to change screen resolution, i got this error: ms-settings:display. Any solution?...
  10. Bluescreen After 1809 October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen After 1809 October Update: I updated my computer to the new October 1809 update and everything went fine. Everything seemed to work just fine, but after I turned off the computer and started it up today I got this bluescreen. Windows 10 would not boot the first time, I shut off the computer and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setting not working after 1809

2. settings wont open after october update

3. settings not opening after the update