Windows 10: Windows settings open and then close

Discus and support Windows settings open and then close in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I go into Windows settings I'll try to open Update & Security and ease of access, It will start to open but only flash open and then close. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnetteRR, Sep 25, 2019.

1. AnnetteRR Win User

Windows settings open and then close

When I go into Windows settings I'll try to open Update & Security and ease of access, It will start to open but only flash open and then close.

I must have screwed something up.

:)

AnnetteRR, Sep 25, 2019

2. Settings closes just after opening.

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC, to open the Task manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” Type
      Powershell.
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'; Add- AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

5. Close the Powershell window

6. Reboot/Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows settings open and then close - Similar Threads - settings open close

2. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  3. Settings immediately closes after opening

Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  4. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  5. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  6. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display Settings open and close Immediately

Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  8. Windows 10 settings continues to open then close.

Windows 10 settings continues to open then close.: it had first started when i had updated and shut down a few days ago. then i had noticed the settings application would open then close every time i tried to open it to change settings. Then i had tried to change display settings and i would get an error that popped up and...
  9. Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes: To tech professionals, I have windows 10 Home single language. When I open any Microsoft app Photos, Mail, Calendar, Groove music, Weather etc.., it shows the border of the app and the close it immediately. But this is not happen to Microsoft store. It opens normally and...
  10. windows 10 pc settings opens and closes

windows 10 pc settings opens and closes: After upgrading to Windows 10 i can not open settings on the computer i thought maybe if i created a new account with command to see if it was just this account but no luck still had the same problem with all settings not working is there any fix to this ? 9643