Windows 10: Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening

Discus and support Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I'm opening Windows settings it opens, as normal, but when I open Personalisation setting my Settings window completly freezes. Idk what to do. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tatu M, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Tatu M Win User

Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening

When I'm opening Windows settings it opens, as normal, but when I open Personalisation setting my Settings window completly freezes. Idk what to do. I can close Settings, but I can't change my background.

:)

Tatu M, Aug 29, 2019

2. personalising background pictures

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings,
    • Click Personalization
    • Highlight Background and scroll down toward the bottom and click Browse.
    • Select the picture or photo to set as background.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Deleted backgrounds still showing in personalisation window..

I downloaded and tried out some different pictures for my desktop background. After deciding on one of them I deleted the others from my pictures folder but the deleted pictures are still showing in the personalisation window and can even still be set as background. Any ideas why that's happening or how to stop it?

Outlander42, Aug 29, 2019
  4. mjrg1 Win User

Background Personalisation

I have created my own Slideshow for Background in the Personalisation options.

Change Picture Every 1 minute is the fastest option available.

The frequency of change on Windows 8.1 could be set to 10 or 20 seconds.

How can I increase the Change Picture speed please?

I am using two monitors.

mjrg1, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Settings Personalisation Background Freezes When Opening - Similar Threads - Settings Personalisation Background

2. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  3. When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Setting -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing?: Whenever I open Settings -> Personalisation -> Themes no themes are appearing. Can anyone navigate me on how I can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-setting-personalisation-themes-no/0ca94fff-ee6e-4264-9dc0-80253b2254b1
  4. Personalisation settings not saved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalisation settings not saved.: I have quite a lot of problems with my Windows 10 computer and I have tried every solution possible. First, I LOVE to personalise and change my personalisation settings a lot, like the display wallpaper, the lockscreen wallpaper, etc. But there's a hindrance. Each time I turn...
  5. Personalisation of Background

Personalisation of Background: I want to change the background picture on my PC using one of my own photos, but there is no 'Browse' button displayed on the 'Background' page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-of-background/2448d803-fa8f-4c12-9b67-c096dce6ef47
  6. Choose a Fit - Windows 10 Background Personalisation

Choose a Fit - Windows 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  7. Window 10 Background Personalisation

Window 10 Background Personalisation: I have a third party app that updates my background every 25 minuets. That means I cannot use the slideshow setting in personalisation. How can I change the default choose a fit setting so that my image is the perfect fit every time it updates? The default choose a fit...
  8. Personalised background image.

Personalised background image.: I run the slideshow option for the background selecting a specific folder or 'Pictures'. Is there any way to identify an image when it displays on the screen please?...
  9. personalisation settings

personalisation settings: when i go to personalisation of lockscreen it shows "some settings are hidden or managed by organisation" why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalisation-settings/ca7a99ac-fae2-4724-9e75-cf2b7ddf8886
  10. Default PERSONALISATION settings

Default PERSONALISATION settings: I have messed up the Windows 10 PERSONALISATION screen. How may I REVERT to the ORIGINAL settings? 13281