Windows 10: windows settings starts to open then disappears

Discus and support windows settings starts to open then disappears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to access windows settings it seems to start loading then it disappears. If I try to access my screensaver settings by right clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PauloPires4, Sep 11, 2019.

1. windows settings starts to open then disappears

When I try to access windows settings it seems to start loading then it disappears.

If I try to access my screensaver settings by right clicking the desktop it doesn't work

I've tried using the control panel troubleshoot problems and get this error message:

"file system error (-214721919)"

I've followed all the links on the discussion boards and there appears to be no solution that works

Please help

:)

PauloPires4, Sep 11, 2019

2. Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears

Thanks Kiran,

I have problem only with "settings". I am able to click open all other listed apps and functions. My windows was all updated just before Windows 10 installation started.

I am working on other steps that you suggested above. Will let you know the outcome soon.

Thanks again.

Dipendra Lal

DipendraLal, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Sep 11, 2019
  4. angus Win User

windows settings starts to open then disappears

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

windows settings starts to open then disappears

1. windows settings starts to open then disappears - Similar Threads - settings starts open

2. Taskbar disappears and settings is unable to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappears and settings is unable to open: The right side of the taskbar did not show up, so I was trying out solutions on solving it. Then it resulted with no taskbar, I can't access settings no matter what I even tried the windows key + I, leading me to assume that the important files have been deleted, and I can't...
  3. Taskbar disappears and settings is unable to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappears and settings is unable to open: The right side of the taskbar did not show up, so I was trying out solutions on solving it. Then it resulted with no taskbar, I can't access settings no matter what I even tried the windows key + I, assuming that the files have been deleted, and I can't restart or shut down...
  4. Windows file manager disappeared, settings won’t open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows file manager disappeared, settings won’t open: Hello, I opened my PC and saw the sad face screen. I tried to restart multiple times with hope it’ll fix it but it didn’t help. So I check the file error and removed it from safe mode, that made my PC boot up into my user. But when I logged in my desktop wallpaper was black...
  5. Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears: On my Computer, currently operating Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS build: 18362.207 the Settings-Tool just opens and goes away after about 2 seconds. This behaviour started about a week ago, then still running on Version 1803. I followed the many recommendations given...
  6. Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open: Hello, After Dec 29th update, which is today, network dispeared from my taskbar. My desktop has been disconnected from internet. I tried to run troubleshooting, but no result. Settings wouldn't open. All Settings cannot open, and setting windows just flashes and closes...
  7. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  8. My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.: Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I just upgraded my system yesterday, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I wanted to go into the settings to check out how the...
  9. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...
  10. Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of Start Menu Settings & Properties: CASE 1 [img] I noticed most articles contained Start Menu tab. Mine is not available here. CASE 2 [img] I only have 2 settings in Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc). Where can I get the remaining settings? Kindly please assist my problem? Thanks and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. My Pc Can Open Setting But Disapear