Windows 10: Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes

Discus and support Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem in Subject line above. Windows Settings opens OK and all other selections work except for System -- Display. When I click on that item,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveLPG47, Sep 8, 2019.

1. DaveLPG47 Win User

Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes

Problem in Subject line above. Windows Settings opens OK and all other selections work except for System -- Display. When I click on that item, Settings crashes. Display is the first item on the System list, so when it tries to open it, down it goes.

If I right-click on Windows Start then choose System, it opens the System window to the About section, but when I click on Display, it crashes. All other items except Display work OK.

Windows 10 - 1903 fully up to data as of today's date. I believe this problem started after I did the 1903 update a few months ago.

Is there another way to get to the "Display" settings?

:)

DaveLPG47, Sep 8, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 8, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes

Windows display

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to customize the display:

• In the search box type settings.
    • Click on system option.
    • Then click on display option and then you can change it.
    • For more settings for display you can go for advance settings option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes

1. Windows Settings -- System -- Display crashes - Similar Threads - Settings System Display

2. Windows Setting crashes on display menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Setting crashes on display menu: Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't...
  3. Windows Setting crashes on display menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setting crashes on display menu: Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't...
  4. System settings crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System settings crashed: SystemSettings.exe - Application errorThe instruction at 0x00007FFE0CBD0086 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.Please resolve....
  5. System settings crashed

System settings crashed: SystemSettings.exe - Application errorThe instruction at 0x00007FFE0CBD0086 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.Please resolve....
  6. display setting crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    display setting crash: i have a windows 10 pc and when i try to open display setting the settings app crashes but its only for the display setting i can open any other tab of setting and it would work fine but not for display settings...
  7. Display/System Settings not opening WIN10

Display/System Settings not opening WIN10: Hello MS Community! I have a problem with my Win10 settings. The settings program opens great, but when I try and open the System sub-category it freezes. I really need to change my screen resolution and this is bothering me. I just a few hours ago resetted my PC back to...
  8. Settings -> Display -> Settings Crashes

Settings -> Display -> Settings Crashes: Windows Version 1909 I cannot access the display settings, all other settings including the ones in system and advanced display work. The app crashes whenever I click display or system....
  9. Display settings crashes

Display settings crashes: Hello! When I open my settings in windows 10 and click on "System" the setting tab disappears probably crashed, and same thing happens when i right-click on my desktop and click on "display settings". I have tried booting the system in safe mode and everything works fine,...
  10. System Settings App Crashes

System Settings App Crashes: Hi all! I recently purchased a monitor for my laptop. I went through the connection process without issue. The resolution was off so I opened System Settings Display to adjust. As I'm in the process of making those changes, the display screen crashed and closed on its own....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows display settings crashes

2. windows settings system crashes

3. program crashes display setting

4. system settings.exe crashes in windows 10,
  5. microsoftedgesh.exe crashed windows 10,
  6. systerm in windows settings crashes