Windows 10: Windows Settings top bar check icon missing

Discus and support Windows Settings top bar check icon missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not really a major issue in the slightest, but in windows settings, Dropbox and Windows Update status in the top bar have a green check mark, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarthinusBosman, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows Settings top bar check icon missing

Not really a major issue in the slightest, but in windows settings, Dropbox and Windows Update status in the top bar have a green check mark, but the icon is missing as in image below.

Windows Settings top bar check icon missing 1a7882fa-f8cb-4458-9118-abca9cf14416?upload=true.png

Would be great if I could get a fix for this or just some info on what it's trying to reference.

Just cleaned up my PC and wanted to have everything working perfectly

:)

MarthinusBosman, Jun 5, 2020

2. No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Windows Settings top bar check icon missing

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Settings top bar check icon missing

1. Windows Settings top bar check icon missing - Similar Threads - Settings top bar

2. The top bar is missing at the startup at built in apps of Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The top bar is missing at the startup at built in apps of Windows.: I found an issue with the top bar of an startup of windows programs. Here is one. When I open up an program like Movies and TV, Settings, Groove Music R.I.P, and others, their top bar is missing. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!...
  3. The top bar is missing at the startup at built in apps of Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The top bar is missing at the startup at built in apps of Windows.: I found an issue with the top bar of an startup of windows programs. Here is one. When I open up an program like Movies and TV, Settings, Groove Music R.I.P, and others, their top bar is missing. How do I fix this issue? Thanks in advance!...
  4. How to remove this top bar in Windows 10 Settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove this top bar in Windows 10 Settings?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/workalkoholic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcsw07/how_to_remove_this_top_bar_in_windows_10_settings/
  5. Windows top bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows top bar: So while i play all games the top bar for some reason pops up. this only happen to me last night and its very annoying. Its happening on all steam games. does anyone know a fik? submitted by /u/riceputting123 [link] [comments]...
  6. Game bar settings are missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game bar settings are missing: Xbox game bar's audio options are missing. It's working fine on other system. It's not detecting any of the sound devices in audio mix options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-bar-settings-are-missing/c51292f7-8e11-46de-bf00-082fd2b477a0
  7. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...
  8. Missing icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in search bar: I have a problem when i search for some programs (winrar, file explorer, registry editor, paint etc.) icons don't show up they are just white with X in middle any solution? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Bluetooth icon bar missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon bar missing: I cannot on/off Bluetooth as there is no icon/toggle for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-icon-bar-missing/f078fe53-33fb-4f36-9191-67557ee9105b
  10. missing icons on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing icons on task bar: Hello. I have tried to fix this on my own but every solution i find online and on YouTube did nothing to fix my issue. My Microsoft icons for edge, store, and mail are all just black spots. The buttons are still there because if I click there the program opens. any help...