Windows 10: Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

Discus and support Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmandaL33T, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around it to perform a clean install holding shift on PC restart to open reset page. A clean install was performed and all updates installed and currently up to date.Windows 10 PC, HP 15-ab227TX 4 years old. Not eligible for Windows 11 due to TMP 2.0 and CPU.I have read many other answers and have looked for the optional update

:)

AmandaL33T, Aug 6, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

Windows 10 "Update and Security" Settings Page Crashes when trying to open it

Hello Fares,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information to resolve the problem.

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

If the steps involving deployment of System File Checker
    does not helps to resolve the issue, try the following steps to use the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type
      settings and select Settings.

• Select Accounts > Other user accounts.

• Under Manage other accounts, select
      Add an account.

• At the bottom of the page, select
      Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Select Local account.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.

I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

1. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes - Similar Threads - Settings Update Sec

2. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes: I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around...
  3. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes: I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around...
  4. Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes: My windows has a problem where going into settings -> updates and security -> recovery causes the settings window to close probably crashed. So I can't exactly recover my windows. I have already looked around and tried the DISM and SFC solutions that gets recommended in those...
  5. Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes: My windows has a problem where going into settings -> updates and security -> recovery causes the settings window to close probably crashed. So I can't exactly recover my windows. I have already looked around and tried the DISM and SFC solutions that gets recommended in those...
  6. Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 unexpectedly crashing going into recovery page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unexpectedly crashing going into recovery page: Hello, the title should be able to explain it, a laptop that someone I know uses unexpectedly crashed and went to the recovery page, when we restart the laptop, it'll go to the log in and after a few seconds it'll give me a blue screen, and go back to the recovery page again,...
  8. Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.: I have been trying to check for updates because I notice a lot of UsoClient processes in my task manager, but whenever I press check for updates in setting, the settings tab crashes. Does anybody know why this is happening or how to fix it?...
  9. Updated Windows Settings Page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated Windows Settings Page?: I noticed today when I opened my Settings app it had a new banner across the top with my Profile Picture, Microsoft Rewards Points, and OneDrive Management Options. I rebooted to install some software and now it's gone. Is Microsoft doing some A/B testing? Any way to get this...
  10. Windows crash with update recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows crash with update recovery: During WIN10 update the operating system on my PC was corrupted and would not self-repair. I was only able to re-install and reactivate my WIN10 installation and then reinstall my programs data was all backed up. After activating and with some use I realized that I was...