Windows 10: Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart

Discus and support Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a windows update ready to install, so I restarted my PC to install it. Works fine, but when I check settings it says "Attention Needed" And when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andreileonov, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart

I had a windows update ready to install, so I restarted my PC to install it. Works fine, but when I check settings it says "Attention Needed" And when I click, it wont get off "Please Wait". It's been like this for the past 10 minutes. Does anyone know what to do???

Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart feac7e63-4627-40dc-9629-214202af3699?upload=true.png

:)

andreileonov, Oct 28, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart

1. Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart - Similar Threads - Settings Won't off

2. Is getting stuck on the please wait screen after a windows clean reset normal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is getting stuck on the please wait screen after a windows clean reset normal: My pc was getting slow so I wanted to clean it when I reset using cloud it got stuck on the please wait screen it didn't no freeze. I started the reset 3 hours ago...
  3. Is getting stuck on the please wait screen after a windows clean reset normal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is getting stuck on the please wait screen after a windows clean reset normal: My pc was getting slow so I wanted to clean it when I reset using cloud it got stuck on the please wait screen it didn't no freeze. I started the reset 3 hours ago...
  4. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...: The titled error has been reported by others but the solution is not showing. It has been over an hour like this. Shall I hard start by hard off and after 5 minutes restart?...
  5. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...: The titled error has been reported by others but the solution is not showing. It has been over an hour like this. Shall I hard start by hard off and after 5 minutes restart?...
  6. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

7. SOLVED Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart

SOLVED Windows Settings Won't Get off of "Please Wait" After Restart: I had a windows update ready to install, so I restarted my PC to install it. Works fine, but when I check settings it says "Attention Needed" And when I click, it wont get off "Please Wait". It's been like this for the past 10 minutes. Does anyone know what to do??? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 restart stuck at "Please wait" loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 restart stuck at "Please wait" loop: When i tried to restart my laptop, it always stuck on please wait, the ring just keeps spinning, never ends, its not a big problem, but its just disturbing, i have to force shut down my laptop everytime when i wanted to restart...
  9. Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...

Operations are in progress, please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after...: I'm using an HP Phoenix Envy desktop PC running Windows 10. I have autoupdates on. I saw a red dot on the restart button last night and when I hovered over it it said there were updates to do, so I clicked update and restart. It went to this completely blue screen with the...
  10. Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart

Laptop stuck on blue please wait screen after restart: I have a Toshiba laptop which restarted itself (no idea why) & it is now stuck on a blue please wait screen with the turning circle. It is running windows 10 but it hasn't been updated as they were failing. If I can I just want to start it in safe mode to transfer the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. operations are in progress please wait