Windows 10: windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.

Discus and support windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've just got a new laptop i'm trying to setup. when it starts up, it says it needs a connection to complete the setup. i connect no problem (used 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bsnsnoob, Apr 5, 2021.

1. windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.

I've just got a new laptop i'm trying to setup. when it starts up, it says it needs a connection to complete the setup. i connect no problem (used 2 different wifi adapters to be sure) and then it goes to "checking the connection to microsoft this might take a while" and then it says there was a problem and it reverts back to the "let's connect you to a network" screen. every time. there is no option to bypass this on this version of setup. so i'm stuck. it won't connect to microsoft and i can't complete the setup and my laptop is unusable. any suggestions?

to be clear there's nothing wrong with my internet/wifi. it works fine on all my other devices.

submitted by /u/bsnsnoob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bsnsnoob, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Smoove Win User

AT&T Xpress Mail vs. regular email setup

Good morning. Does anyone know the difference between AT&T xpress mail and the regular email setup on a windows phone?

Smoove, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Mobile Me setup problems on a N900 (T-Mobile and AT&T DSL)

Hi!

On my Nokia N900 phone I can do the following just fine (whether my internet connection is T-Mobile Internet or AT&T DSL via an Airport Extreme):

• Send and receive Gmail mail (IMAP and SMTP works fine)
    • Receive MobileMe email (IMAP works fine)

What I can't do is send MobileMe email. The N900's email client appears to connect and authenticate with the smtp.me.com server, then it spits back an "unable to send" message.

Also, my MacBook Pro's Mail client works fine on my home Airport Extreme / AT&T DSL network.

My SMTP settings:

• smtp.me.com
    • username: (just the part before the @mac.com)
    • secure authentication set to "login" (i.e., "password")
    • secure connection set to SSL & Port 587

I've futzed with the settings to no avail (turned secure connection off, turned secure auth off, etc.). Even as a test I messed up the Gmail settings then set them back to the proper settings and still get Gmail to work, so something is going on where smtp.me.com
    is rejecting the email, even though its mac.com email.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks in advance !!

Gene_Avenir, Apr 5, 2021
  4. 10 Newbie Win User

windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.

Windows 10 LAN Setup

I have a small business with a data server and 7 workstations. Till now I have avoided the upgrade as xp has worked so problem free but a recent decision to upgrade server meant I could not avoid it any longer.

We have purchased the new workstations and now looking at the network side of things but have hit a bit of a snag.

Looking online I see most of the windows 10 networking steps relate to windows 7 and the general suggestion from what I can see is to use homegroup. In xp we were using workgroup and things were very easily set up and maintained but it seems the win 10 is not so easy to set up or maybe I am just not up to speed.

Any suggestions on a small business win 10 network setup and links to walkthrough's would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

10 Newbie, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup.

1. windows setup 10 can't get past Network screen and can't be setup. - Similar Threads - setup can't past

2. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?: Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the password it gets stuck on loading it up. We've tried turning it off and on again,leaving it to load but nothing. If anyone has...
  3. Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I get past the setup on my laptop?: Bought a new laptop and it came recently so we were going through the setup process setting up email, setting up WiFi etc but whenever we get to the password it gets stuck on loading it up. We've tried turning it off and on again,leaving it to load but nothing. If anyone has...
  4. Windows 11: can’t get past the setup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: can’t get past the setup screen: Here’s what I see: Unfortunately your computer had to restart because there was an issue obtaining updates for your computer. It’s like I never set it up but this happened after I updated my computer....
  5. Windows 11: can’t get past the setup screen

Windows 11: can’t get past the setup screen: Here’s what I see: Unfortunately your computer had to restart because there was an issue obtaining updates for your computer. It’s like I never set it up but this happened after I updated my computer....
  6. I can't get past through windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get past through windows 11 setup: Hi, this computer just arrived and I go through all the basic setup. Language, location, keyboard layout, etc... But when I get to the create pin I can't skip it and when I click the "create pin" button the loading is infinite. And if I click once the loading circle disappear...
  7. I can't get past through windows 11 setup

I can't get past through windows 11 setup: Hi, this computer just arrived and I go through all the basic setup. Language, location, keyboard layout, etc... But when I get to the create pin I can't skip it and when I click the "create pin" button the loading is infinite. And if I click once the loading circle disappear...
  8. Windows Can't setup a Hotspot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Can't setup a Hotspot: Why is my laptop having a heart attack now when I try to setup a mobile hotspot? It worked well enough when i first started using it but it started to turn off on it's own and now it doesn't even work and the hotspot area in settings has a heart attack when i click on it but...
  9. Can't read setup screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't read setup screens: I'm trying to download new printer drivers for my printer, but the startup screen is 2" x 2". I can't read it and I can't access the buttons on it. I am using a Dell gaming PC and running Windows Edge. I believe this has something to do with high definition, but I'm not sure....
  10. Can't get dual screens setup.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't get dual screens setup.: Bad start to Anniversary update - messed up my dual screen setup. I used to have my two screens setup so I could run different programs on them. Now I can only have the same thing on both. No point in having two screens. Settings allows me to set same on both or only on 1...