Windows 10: Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

Discus and support Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. Good day. Currently installing windows on my laptop but getting this error:Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jessie Roy Galvan, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

Hi. Good day. Currently installing windows on my laptop but getting this error:Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.I searched the web about possible solution, I tried accessing the command prompt when I get that error but it's not letting me. After a few seconds when the error pops out, it will automatically shut it down. Other things I have tried includes manually changing the date on the BIOS since it was not up to date. I also did the diskpart already and converting it to gpt. I also tried changing the SATA operation but I don't have any other option

:)

Jessie Roy Galvan, Sep 16, 2021

2. Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware

I keep getting "Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware" message at a bout 42% of the new windows update. How can I get this to work?

GeraldMayerhoff, Sep 16, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers

Do you have any sort of unusual disk configuration e.g. RAID? (Ok, it's a laptop, but I've not checked its specs!)
    Dual or triple boot?

Research suggests:
    - the hard disk being a 4K sector size and not a 512 byte sector size.
    -
    error during Windows 7 or Windows 10 installation | Dell UK

Older sources (pre Win 10):

• In Notepad, click Open on the File menu, and then browse to %systemroot%\Panther.

Note On a standard installation to drive C, the path is C:\Windows\Panther. (On most PCs this will be the C:\Panther folder)
    • Open the file setuperr.log, and look for lines that resemble these:

2010-09-23 17:34:58, Error [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll:Failure occurred while executing 'C:\Windows\System32\scecli.dll,SceSysPrep', returned error code 1208[gle=0x000003e5]
      2010-09-23 17:34:59, Error [0x060435] IBS Callback_Specialize: An error occurred while either deciding if we need to specialize or while specializing; dwRet = 0x4b8

Note If these lines and errors exist, note the errors.
    • Open the setupact.log file that is located in the same directory, and then look for the line that resembles the following line:

2010-09-23 17:31:26, Info SYSPRP SPPNP: iaStorV is the function driver for device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_2819103C&REV_02\3&33FD14CA&0&FA

Note If this line exists, it indicates that the drive on which you are trying to install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 is configured in a RAID configuration.

dalchina, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers

I could not find the $Windows.~bt\ folder, I believe I did a clean files from system properties that deleted it. However, I did notice that I DO have IIS enabled (for .net development), which is the incompatibility link you posted. Here is an image from minitool, followed by the IIS programs I have enabled. I'm thinking I should try disabling those, and if I still get the error the dell instructions, and if that doesn't work, check my logs?

Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware. [​IMG]

Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware. [​IMG]

Can I just disable the service (IIS Admin Service?), or do I need to remove these as recommended from add/remove windows feature area, then add them back?

Thank again for the help, hope to figure this one out.

edencorbin, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware.

1. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware. - Similar Threads - setup configure run

2. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware - lenovo...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware - lenovo...: Hi,Today I struggled quite a few hours trying to install a Windows 10 OS on a lenovo thinkpad t450 laptop having an existing Win 7 OS installed.So, I have deleted the hard disk existing partitions, re-created them and proceeded with the Win 10 OS install.I have tried several...
  3. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware - lenovo...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware - lenovo...: Hi,Today I struggled quite a few hours trying to install a Windows 10 OS on a lenovo thinkpad t450 laptop having an existing Win 7 OS installed.So, I have deleted the hard disk existing partitions, re-created them and proceeded with the Win 10 OS install.I have tried several...
  4. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware - lenovo...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 21H1 Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 21H1 Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware: windows 10 2h21 windows setup could not configure to run on this computers hardware error message pop up and my laptop just shutdown right away my laptop specCore i3 3227U 1.9GHz 2C4THD4000 with 710M4gb of ddr3 ram single channelPhoenix bios v1.20Hdd hitachi HTS543232L9A300My...
  6. Windows 10 21H1 Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 21H1 Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware: windows 10 2h21 windows setup could not configure to run on this computers hardware error message pop up and my laptop just shutdown right away my laptop specCore i3 3227U 1.9GHz 2C4THD4000 with 710M4gb of ddr3 ram single channelPhoenix bios v1.20Hdd hitachi HTS543232L9A300My...
  7. Windows 10 21H1 Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware while...

Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware while...: I have to reset Windows 10 because some error was going on the last few days. I reset windows 10 using cloud install and remove everything I have backed up everything to another disk Everything was going on smoothly until the install windows screen. After the restart, a...
  9. Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware: [ATTACH]Some users when installing a Feature Update or full install/re-install of Windows 10 may receive the error Windows setup could not configure Windows to run […] This article Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer’s hardware first appeared on...
  10. windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers

windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computers: I'm running windows 10 fine under version 1703, build 15063.726, recently an update queued and I chose install and shutdown late in the evening. Next day on boot it was configuring the update, as this was taking some time I figured this was Microsoft Fall Creators Update,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows setup could not configure to run on this computers hardware that may appear during a Windows 7 or Windows 10 installation.