Windows 10: Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one

Discus and support Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]During a clean install of Windows on your device with the Custom option, you may get the error message We couldn’t create a new partition or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 29, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one

Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one We-couldnt-create-a-new-partition-or-locate-an-existing-one.png
    During a clean install of Windows on your device with the Custom option, you may get the error message We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. This post is intended to help affected PC users with solutions and suggestions to get past this installation issue. We couldn’t create a new partition or […]

This article Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jul 29, 2022
  2. Berton Win User
    Berton, Jul 29, 2022
  3. "We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jul 29, 2022
  4. William40 Win User

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2 partition

I tried the steps in this link but it did not work:
    How to Solve the Error "We Couldn’t Create a New Partition"?

I tried also to convert my drive to GPT but I get error : partition is of GPT style !!!! however I want to use mbr so please help me to install it a mbr

Thanks

William40, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Setup couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one - Similar Threads - Setup couldn’t create

2. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: Windows was installed on the SSD prior to a new motherboard installation, however when it came time to boot the system, it stated windows was no where to be found. Shocking. So USB media installation was applied. Started the process and nope, errors all over, cant select any...
  3. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  4. Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one: Hello,I have a new PC with MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Motherboard and Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 4.0 x4 NVMe Solid SSD drive.The PC came without Windows as I have my own Windows 11 license. During the installation from a USB drive, I get the following error message "We...
  5. Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition

in Windows 10 News
    Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition: [ATTACH]If you encounter the Windows setup error message Setup was unable to create a […] This article Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: [ATTACH] Hello to everyone. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the second partition of the drive 1,but as u can see below,I can't because that error. On the disk 1 partition 1 there is another installation of Windows 10. The whole disk is formatted with the NTFS fs and...
  7. Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one!: I downloaded Windows 10 May 2019 update from Microsoft on May 24.. Used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media (USB drive). I used DISKPART to clean drive and put it in “uninitialized state”. Regardless of attempts to do clean install on either HD or SSD,...
  8. We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one.: So I was doing a clean install of windows 10 using a USB and I deleted all the partitions including the system reserve one. The only drive left now is "Drive 0 Partition 1". It is set as primary. The problem is everything I click to continue the installation, I get the...
  9. "We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

"We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one.": boot - Installing Windows 10 after installing Ubuntu - Ask Ubuntu I tried asking the question over at AskUbuntu, but a user said it would be better if I asked here instead. Long story short: Windows 10 was preinstalled in my ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH71. I updated my...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one"

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one": So I'm trying to install Windows 10 32-bit on a friend's laptop from a USB stick and it's giving me this error, no matter what I do. I've tried setting the partition as active, I don't have anything else plugged in, and I've unplugged and replugged the device. No dice. Help!...