Windows 10: Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged

Discus and support Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've been running low on disk space. I open settings to look for ways to clean my disk, and I see this: [IMG] So I check that and click "Remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DairyProducts, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged

So I've been running low on disk space. I open settings to look for ways to clean my disk, and I see this:

Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged [​IMG]

So I check that and click "Remove files". It says"Purging: Windows Update Cleanup". Then, when it finished, I restart my computer. The amount of free disk space stayed the same, and the option for the cleanup is still in the

'Temporary Files" tab. So I use Avast's cleanup feature to remove it, and it said it had been cleaned. I restarted my computer, and still no luck.

:)

DairyProducts, Apr 29, 2020

2. purging old update files

purging old update files taking too long

davidbrior, Apr 29, 2020
  3. SamPesner Win User
    Purged deleted folder

I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows
    thousands of individual files, many of which are unreadable. Any suggestions?

SamPesner, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged

1. Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged - Similar Threads - Setup Files refuses

2. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  3. How to purge a Keyboard Virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to purge a Keyboard Virus: Hello all, My keyboard has been acting up for some time now 99% sure because of a virus at this point since my keyboard was recently replaced. I've taken a number of security steps to purge it, but all have failed. It's buried deep. While typing in both Microsoft Word and...
  4. Windows 10 update will not purge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update will not purge: When trying to clean storage windows update will not zero out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-purge/4827eab9-a4bd-4313-af89-56894efd463b
  5. Accidentally Purge or Removed Files in AppRepository

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally Purge or Removed Files in AppRepository: So accidentally deleted files in the AppRepository using this command in PowerShell: Remove-Item -path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository -recurse Is there a way to go back since I forgot to have a save point to restore....
  6. Purging frozen up..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Purging frozen up..: I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-frozen-up/a3f096b5-278a-44a5-ac35-4b4837270cbb
  7. Purging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Purging in Windows 10: In STORAGE I'm "purging: windows update cleanup". The action got about 1/3 completed and then froze. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-in-windows-10/faa8cff4-88c7-43e2-a611-5dc82e7c55df"
  8. purging old update files

purging old update files: purging old update files taking too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-old-update-files/039a8de1-d0f4-444a-81b1-d9a625e3f85c
  9. Purged deleted folder

Purged deleted folder: I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows thousands of...
  10. WSReset purge cache issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...