Windows 10: Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

Discus and support Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nick3889, Dec 29, 2021.

1. nick3889 Win User

Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the Windows installer, which let's me format the M.2 drive and start the Windows installer on the M.2 drive with no reported issues. Then it restarts at end of that first phase and I cannot get into the new M.2 drive to continue Windows setup nothing but the USB drive shows up in the boot options, and when I disconnect the USB

:)

nick3889, Dec 29, 2021
  2. RandelA Win User

Windows Setup and UEFI BIOS

Suppose I have my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit ISO setup contents copied to a boot-able USB flash drive.
    Suppose I modified it by copying the folder efi/microsoft/boot, and pasting it to efi/ to make my windows boot on UEFI systems. (as said on this tutorial, for 64-bit)

Question:
    Would my UEFI-ied Windows 7 Setup work on other BIOS systems?

RandelA, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Dec 29, 2021
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI - Similar Threads - Setup Installer Creating

2. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI: Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the...
  3. Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Setup/Installer Not Creating Bootable Drive in UEFI: Hi All,I'm having issues with a new PC build with getting a fresh windows install on a blank M.2 drive. Can anyone help me on this? Here's summary of issue: I can see my M.2 drive on the "EZ" screen of the BIOS so I know it's recognizable. I can boot from USB and start the...
  4. Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode)

Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode): Below are two examples of instructions I was given a couple of years ago for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive in order to be able to clean install Windows 10 on a UEFI boot only PC (not Legacy Boot mode). To create bootable UEFI USB flash drive for installing...
  5. Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode): Below are two examples of instructions I was given a couple of years ago for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive in order to be able to clean install Windows 10 on a UEFI boot only PC (not Legacy Boot mode). To create bootable UEFI USB flash drive for installing...
  6. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive. [img] Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or can the file just be copied? 128448
  7. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: How can I use a USB drive that has Windows 10 CD image on there to create a bootable drive. Either USB or CD. I browse the files on the usb that I have and it has setup and folders for x86 and x64, etc....I want to make a bootable USB or CD for Windows 10. I also have a...
  8. creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup

creating usb3 bootable windows 10 setup: if i use 4gb 16gb or 32gb usb3 flash drives with windows 10 download tool for install on my computer it gets to 100% done then i exits it but i end up with an unformated flash drive at the end of the rocess. Why? and how to I remedy this irritating situation it has done it to...
  9. Creating a Bootable Drive

Creating a Bootable Drive: Hello everyone, I am trying to create a bootable Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 flash drive using Rufus. This method use to work with me with all my Windows Enterprise Anniversary updates. For some reason, it is indeed not appearing when I restart my computer to boot into it....
  10. Create bootable UEFI Defrag Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Create bootable UEFI Defrag Flash Drive?: Here is the issue I am currently at: I have a Surface Pro 4 that I want to set up a Dual Boot on. I normally wouldn't have too much of an issue resolving this on my own, but due to the Surface Pro 4 not supporting Legacy flash drives, my standard way (Booting into a MBR...