Windows 10: Windows Setup Issue with UAC

Discus and support Windows Setup Issue with UAC in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have an issue with error message coming up when I try to open Edge [img] I believe this is caused by setting up my laptop as me as the only... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cldcp00, Dec 20, 2015.

1. cldcp00 Win User

Windows Setup Issue with UAC

I have an issue with error message coming up when I try to open Edge

Windows Setup  Issue with UAC [​IMG]

I believe this is caused by setting up my laptop as me as the only with administrator rights. I have set the setting below because I cannot live with the constant messages every time I open an program and my wavelab app will not allow drag and drop into the app with the UAC set any higher. How can I get round this issue?

Windows Setup  Issue with UAC [​IMG]

Any help will be much appreciated

Des

:)

cldcp00, Dec 20, 2015
  2. jfive1949 Win User

Windows UAC issues

Hi

I upgraded to Windows10 from 7 and all was well until one day I became a "Guest" instead of "Administrator" including a password. After the upgrade my account now pops up a dialog box for everything I do and asks me to click "yes" to run with elivated permissions.
    Problem is THERE IS NO "YES" BUTTON! I found out that the Windows 10 Upgrade changed my account from Administrator to Guest. My account is the only one on the computer except for the hidden admin which I can't access. How do I get out of
    this? Been trying to fix this for 2 months. Help

John Heath

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

jfive1949, Dec 20, 2015
  3. Beyond TV Setup Wizard is blocked in Windows 10 Build 14393.105

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the
    Beyond TV Setup Wizard. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to disable UAC prompts and check if this helps.

Follow the steps:

1. In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.

2. Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.

3. Click on Change User account control settings.

4. Provide password for the UAC prompt.

5. Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.

6. Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Windows Setup Issue with UAC

1. Windows Setup Issue with UAC - Similar Threads - Setup Issue UAC

2. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  3. Issue with setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with setup: I was trying to set up a free video editing software called 'Ezvid'. However, when I finished setting up, this thing popped up. Can you please help me? I am using a window 11 laptop....
  4. Issue with setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with setup: I was trying to set up a free video editing software called 'Ezvid'. However, when I finished setting up, this thing popped up. Can you please help me? I am using a window 11 laptop....
  5. Computer UAC password request setup?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer UAC password request setup?: How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer. Computer UAC Passwortabfrage einrichten?
  6. Setup Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Issues: I recently tryed making a windows 10 virtual machine with virtual box and i downloaded mediacreationtool and I closed it in Windows setup I already had Windows pre installed And then I went away for a bit and when I came back my settings backgrounds on my lock screen and...
  7. Windows Setup Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Setup Issue: Hello, I accidentally chose the "Work" setup option to begin setting my machine up and realized I needed to choose "Personal" instead. Is there any way to undo this option once it has been selected?...
  8. Win 10 UAC issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 UAC issue: Is anyone else suddenly experiencing issues where Win 10 User Account Control suddenly decides to block installation of software such as a printer driver? I am trying to reinstall the driver for my HP LaserJet P1102w printer and every time the software install initializes, I...
  9. OneDrive sync issues and UAC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive sync issues and UAC?: Before I upgraded to windows 10, I used Dropbox as my cloud service. With OneDrive integrated into Windows, I figured I'd switch but I cannot get it to sync for the life of me. I tried all the standard fixes, sign in with MS account, exit and restart, unlink, re-link, etc....
  10. Windows 10 UAC Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 UAC Issue: Hey guys, This is driving me up a wall. So I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Most things are running just fine. However anything that requires UAC does not work. Setting Compatibility does not work Running as Admin does not work I get error such as...