Windows 10: Windows setup keeps freezing within 2mins

Discus and support Windows setup keeps freezing within 2mins in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built a PC, all new parts • Intel i7-9700k • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi • Corsair CX Series 850 Watt • Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Linneon, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Linneon Win User

Windows setup keeps freezing within 2mins

I just built a PC, all new parts
    • Intel i7-9700k
    • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi
    • Corsair CX Series 850 Watt
    • Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
    • ASUS Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Fan Edition DVI-D HDMI DP 1.4
    • Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD

I am trying to install Windows 10 from a usb drive but every time the setup loads up, everything freezes within 2mins of initializing. I can get through the partition selection process but it never gets far in the 2mins. I can stay on the language selection screen and it will still freeze if I wait a minute or 2.

I’ve tried it with nothing plugged except the keyboard, 1 ram stick, and the monitor running on the Onboard graphics.

I’ve re downloaded the setup files to make sure they aren’t corrupt.

I’ve likely tried more stuff but can’t remember it all because I’ve spent the better part of my day yesterday working on this.

:)

Linneon, Jun 25, 2019

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 25, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows setup keeps freezing within 2mins - Similar Threads - setup keeps freezing

2. explorer within applications freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer within applications freezing: Hi all, Ever since I got this new computer, I've had an annoying problem that I've never had before. Particularly in Audacity but it's happened to me elsewhere, I'll be moving pretty quickly browsing for a new file when my screen reader crashes. When I restart it, I've found...
  3. explorer within applications freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer within applications freezing: Hi all, Ever since I got this new computer, I've had an annoying problem that I've never had before. Particularly in Audacity but it's happened to me elsewhere, I'll be moving pretty quickly browsing for a new file when my screen reader crashes. When I restart it, I've found...
  4. explorer within applications freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps freezing: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 815Parameter 2: 3Parameter 3: ffff830f2ed15080Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033Extra information about the problemBucket ID:...
  6. PC Keeps Freezing When Trying to Install certain things or freezes on its own within a few...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Keeps Freezing When Trying to Install certain things or freezes on its own within a few...: So I just changed my motherboard, cpu, and ram from my pc, and my hard drive and nvme are both empty. But when I try to install windows updates, gpu drivers, steam, or other things my pc just freezes completely and I have to restart it every single time. I do not understand...
  7. Windows freezes when setup restarted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezes when setup restarted: we built a PC and we plugged in the windows 10 installation usb. it would install normally but then when it automatically restarted in the installation it would deadlock on the boot screen. whenever we restart the computer now it does the same thing. if we try safe mode it...
  8. game keep crashing after 2min launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game keep crashing after 2min launching: hi after the insider install the games division keep crashing after 2min sometime as soon the game finished loading receiving errorcode BEX64 and sometime livekernelevent error 141 need help trying log thing out of succses...
  9. windows 10 setup freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 setup freeze: im trying to update windows 10 to the latest version to use mixed reality but it always gets stuck on checking for updates at 14%. ive tried stopping windows update service and running the update troubleshooter and dont know what else to do...
  10. Windows 10 freezing on Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 freezing on Setup: I recently sold my old PC. I had windows 7 64-bit professional until I upgraded to Windows 10. So I tried to reset my PC through Update and security, but an error said I couldn't and no changes were made. So I loaded USB with windows 10 64-bit and started the install from...